Meguiars Tyre Gel

AL_B

Reaction score
Any good?

I normally use the spray on Tyre Silk by car plan. It lasts quite a long time, and is quick and easy.

Just wondered if the Meguiars stuff is any better.

AL

Al,

I dont know how good the product you are using is but I can testify that of all the tyre stuff Ive ever used... and I've used a fair few believe me... I have to give it to meguairs on this one... you rub it on, as its in a gel like form and to be honest...lasts ages n ages.. try it.. I guess you'll like it.. and oh.. smells good too.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gotta agree with Tony, last's well, looks good and smells devine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I agree, the best tyre stuff I have ever used!

Get an applicator pad, you can then apply it without getting any of the stuff on your wheels, but if you do, it wipes off easily.

It doesn't crack your tyres, doesn't 'brown' them, and it tends to last for weeks rather than days. One application will give a nice, more subtle shine and two will give a more 'showroom' finish.

I used this tyre gel stuff again at the weekend, sporting a lovely pair of rubber gloves this time [had plenty left over from my part-time Customs & Excise work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif].

The tyre gel stuff has done a great job this time, even though its a bit messy. Gives the tyres that proper showroom look.

AL

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:

Have you noticed that all the meguiars stuff smells nice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad it's not just me. I mentioned it to a mate and got a "aye, er, right" response.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

How far are you supposed to go with the tyre gloss (yummy smell!) I have just done the tyre wall (just where the manufacturers name etc is), but seen a few people go all the way up to the edge of the tyre, and onto the tread.... (even the entire flat bit of the tyre) what do you guys do?

Jo,

Well, I went all the way up to the top of the side wall and stopped just as the tred starts. Perhaps covered about 1cm of the tred. It looked good, but I expect it would not be good if you were doing some full-on cornering. But I guess the gel would scrub off pretty quick.

AL