Meguiars Quick Clay

Hotscar

Four Wheel Drifting
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used Meguiars Quick Clay?

I spent most of Sunday using a number of Meguiars products and I have to say the quick clay is well worth the money...can't believe the contaminants and oxidation it removed and that's after a year of using Auto Glym products. I'll post some pics later and highly recommend the quick clay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yup, v.good stuff indeed

Probably the best £10 i've spent on car cleaning kit in a very long while

Yep I use it and its scary what it removes!

Once you have given it a good claying, make sure you polish and seal it after as you will be removing the protection.

Yeah did the whole polish and wax thing yesterday as well...woke up this morning thinking I'd done a workout yesterday!

I'm trying to post some pics but I'm obviously not too computer literate as I'm struggling...can anyone help? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sounds good, cant wait to see your pics.

You have to upload the pics online to a hosting site, I.e photobucket. (free to register and use) www.photobucket.com

and then when creating post, select 'image' and then enter the url from photobucket and voila. should have ya pics posted in your thread.

Clay bar and a suitable fluid (also conviently sold by Meguiars) removes contamiants that dont come off with normal washing. Its basically a sloid body scrub to remove lightly bonded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif. I'm guessing its ever so slightly abrasive to, so it can collect the crud but that also removes the wax etx you have done in teh past, hence you need to do it again.

Cheers for your help guys. I've sent a few pics to Tdi_dan including a picture of the clay just so you can see how much rubbish it removes from your car...and that picture was taken after I'd done one panel, not the whole car...scary!

These pics are of Hotscar's car....I've posted them on his behalf....

Meguiars Clay...
Clay1.jpg

Pics of car after using Clay..
Clay2.jpg

&
Clay4.jpg

you can beat meguiars, i used to think autoglym was the 'daddy'....not anymore!

Tried the quik clay today......ummmed over the cost, but its fantastic. I thought my paintwork was good, but after using the clay its super smooth. Well worth the money.........How long does the clay last though, as i would have thought once it gets dirty it will scratch the paint when you use it.

I split the clay into three sections. I then use one section of the clay for one detail. You only need to clay the car when the paintwork gets bad so probably only once a year.

Once it has been clayed and the paint is really smooth, you need to move onto a polish before applying a sealant and/or wax.

I've just bought a Meguiars Quik Clay kit. to use for the first time. Other than following the instructions, any tips I should follow?

Not really, I found it pretty simple. Just make sure you polish and wax afterwards!

Thanks, will report on results when I finally get time to do it.

BTW, when you say polish and wax, I was just planning to reapply Meguiars Gold Class Wax afterwards. Will that be sufficient?

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you get the kit from Jeff?

Now the warmer days are upon us the car deserves some proper TLC.

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellfrauds, £11.99. It's the "Quik Clay Detailing System", as showcased on the Meguiars Europe Website:

Click Here & Page Down

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, when you say polish and wax, I was just planning to reapply Meguiars Gold Class Wax afterwards. Will that be sufficient?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that will be fine as it does remove your old wax!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like most polishes and waxes they actually recommend that you do it in cool conditions out of sunlight. Stops it evaporating before you've had time to apply etc etc!

Sad I know but you can post a pic on Meguiars's website and stand a chance of winning a load of stuff...my brother won about 25 quids worth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

If your interested in learning everything about car cleaning / detailing, I would recomend you visit www.detailingworld.co.uk

But be warned, you'l soon have OCD and no money left! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If your interested in learning everything about car cleaning / detailing, I would recomend you visit www.detailingworld.co.uk

But be warned, you'l soon have OCD and no money left! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Dicky. I'll send the solicitor's bill for the divorce to you, shall I?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Dicky. I'll send the solicitor's bill for the divorce to you, shall I?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah no problem - I think you have my address! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like most polishes and waxes they actually recommend that you do it in cool conditions out of sunlight. Stops it evaporating before you've had time to apply etc etc!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, but when I say warmer days I just mean above 0! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kev.

When using clay bar make sure that you use plenty of lubricant. Dont rub the bar on dry paintwork !!

just finished giving mine the treatment for the first time. What a product! It makes the paint feel like the car is new.

Kev, if you haven't already, go out and get it!

8.30am: Washed a week's worth of road grime off with Flash Car Cleaning Kit

10.30am: Fortified with two bacon & egg sarnies, I treated the car with the Meguiars Clay Bar & Quick Detail Mist.

12.30pm: Applied new coat of Meguiars Gold Class Wax to silky smooth paintwork.

2.30pm: It started to rain & hasn't stopped since.

Sigh...........

I have been using a clay bar for a few years now, i had a Mothers one last time, and now a Megs one. I do recomend splitting the bar up into 2 or 3 and only use each section once though.

Couple that to a 3 stage polish and wax, and you have a very clean car :)

I purchased the clay bar today and used it WOW i thought, then phoned them as i have diamondbrite on the car, YES it does remove diamondbrite the lady told me, oh no i thought hey ho, but very very good product, the lady said to split the bar into 3 bits and each piece should last for two cars, does anyone know if you can just purchase the clay bar as i reckon the spray will last longer than the bar.