meguiar's polish advise.

SteveS

S6 avant
Reaction score
Ive been using autoglym stuff for ages now but everyone seems to rate meguiars better. they seem to do different types, gold class, NXT tech wax? what should i buy for a really nice lasting shine?

Why not give it a go asking on the 'Ask a professional detailer thread' in the detailing forum ???

i put 2 coats of super resin on followed by 2 coats of extra gloss protection the other day but after one 5 mile trip in the rain the water is'nt beading off anymore. just wondered if there was anything better out there.

Meguiars is the same as i got the same result polished it and within a few miles it stopped beading.. Salt on the roads doesnt help matters. I find Meguiars doesnt bead much compared to Autoglym. Also power washers are a no no as it usually takes the polish off.

Shouldn't you not use a hard wax after you've used something like SRP. I'm no expert by any means but I've had my car detailed recently and the water still beads 2 weeks later. If I can find the reciept I'll add what was done.

Ok, I've dug out the reciept and here's what was done;

Full Wash (Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo)
Full Clay (Pinnacle Ultimate Clay Bar & Lube)
Full Wash & Dry (Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo)
Full Paint Clean (Meguiars Paint Cleaner)
Full Swirl Removal Stage 1 (Poorboys SSR2)
Full Swirl Removal Stage 2 (Poorboys SSR1)
Full Polish (Meguiars Gold Class Polish)
Full Glaze & Seal (Clearkote Vanilla Moose)
Full Wax (Harly Brazilian Carnuba Wax)
Tyre Dressing (Turtle Wax Wet Look)

It wasn't until I got it back, that I realised how neglected it had been. I wish I had taken some before pics so I could compare them to the afters.

I presume its the Carnuba Wax that results in the car beading so well though.

I have no problems after a few weeks using the NXT, i am under the impression, that light coloured cars use gold class, and darker NXT.

At least thats what the rep said

Sinny71 said:
Ok, I've dug out the reciept and here's what was done;

Full Wash (Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo)
Full Clay (Pinnacle Ultimate Clay Bar & Lube)
Full Wash & Dry (Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo)
Full Paint Clean (Meguiars Paint Cleaner)
Full Swirl Removal Stage 1 (Poorboys SSR2)
Full Swirl Removal Stage 2 (Poorboys SSR1)
Full Polish (Meguiars Gold Class Polish)
Full Glaze & Seal (Clearkote Vanilla Moose)
Full Wax (Harly Brazilian Carnuba Wax)
Tyre Dressing (Turtle Wax Wet Look)

It wasn't until I got it back, that I realised how neglected it had been. I wish I had taken some before pics so I could compare them to the afters.

I presume its the Carnuba Wax that results in the car beading so well though.

I do the above once every 3 months and then just a normal wash polish and wax in between. Car beads even after i just wash the car and cant be botherd to polish and wax it.

The clay bar makes a big difference as it will show you how dirty your car actually is after you wash it. Then you need to think that you were polishing and waxing, this sealing all that dirt in. Clay bar makes a big difference to the shine your car gives off.

Turtle Wax Platinum Series Precision Wax goes on as easily as Autoglym Resin, but gives better and longer lasting shine at the same price.

A clay bar is a putty-like substance that you rub over the paint (with some lubricant) after washing. It cleans all the ingrained dirt and old wax off the paint - sounds a bit weird but it really does work.