1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meguiars Clay Bar

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Joeyz, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Joeyz

Joeyz New Member

Fellas,

My black A4 is going through its first winter. I use Meguiars NXT Tech Wash, and have waxed the car numerous times since I bought it in June, its shine is unbeleivable, and after every wash I hit it with Meguiars Detail spray. Heres my concern......the salt from the road seems to kick up and sit on the back bumper and trunk lid. After washing yesterday, I can see/feel some rough contaminants on the surface of the clear coat. I was told the Clay Bar would take the roughness away, and then you are supposed to wax it with Meguiars GOld Glass, or hit it with the Wax&Wipe spray. Have any of you used this clay bar...Im a little nervous to rub this on my black car, there is not a scratch on it. I never take it to a car wash...always wash by hand....

Any help would be appreciated....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hendyc04

hendyc04 New Member

4. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Keep lube going when you are using the claybar and like monty77 says keep kneading it to keep the dirt away. Used it a few times and have noticed some light swirls where I've gone over in the claybar, the gold class takes it off but be very wary.