Meguairs Quik Detailer

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning,

Got some of the Quik detailer at the weekend to try out. Blimey I'm impressed. After washing the car and giving it a good chamois and removed all the water marks etc, I went out for a little drive to pick up the Quik Detailer and another terry towel (quality cloth IMHO). Bought the stuff and then got home. I had a few water steaks on the paintwork and some light residue from the drive.

Read the label and then shook and sprayed on gave it a good buff and wow is that shiney /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is so easy to apply, like it says do small areas at a time and then spread evenly with one side of the cloth. After that flip over the cloth and then buff to a shine.

I have to say that it took 15mins (inc applying and buffing) to do the car and it looks absolutley mint, the paintwork is like a mirror /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif.

Well thats it really, just thought I'd mention the stuff. Well worth the £7.00 and 15mins at the weekend. Damn that sh!t is refelective. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I have just treated the car to Meguair shampoo and tar remover and the 3stage wax .God i was there for about 4 hours ,glad you only to do once every couple of months.
But the finish is really great .

Kenny

Kenny - Get your self some Quik Detailer like jester has done and once you have dryed use it. It basically revitalises the polish/wax and gives it that just waxed feel without having to do it 3 times!!

Did my car tonight. You can really tell the diffrence! Like Jester says its the best £6.30 (From Clean and Shiny with your discount) that you could spend!!

Regards,

John

Used mine at the weekend - cut though almost a week of road grime (only light dust) and looked like it had been washed and waxed. Not swirls as long as you use enough and a microfibre cloth.

Gren (lazy git)

The Wigginer,

The official Meguiars wording is:

Quik Detailer the only product you'll usually need between washing and waxing. It can be used anywhere, anytime to remove fresh contaminants to help you keep that 'Just Detailed' look.

You just mist it on the surface and wipe off with a 100% cotton, terry cloth towel. You can use it for spot touch-ups or to 'Quik Detail' all your paint surfaces.

Many users keep a bottle in their car so they are prepared for any emergency. It's 100% safe on all clear coat paints.

So I believe the answer is yes, I use it with dust on the car and my cars body work is fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

John

[ QUOTE ]
John said:
So I believe the answer is yes, I use it with dust on the car and my cars body work is fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. If it is truely grimey then a wash is in order.

I might give it a try then. One of the main problems with black cars is they are dusty sometime before you put the hose-pipe away. I have tried just dusting it off in the past, but with the static and all its never comes completely off. After hearing what you say it might be ok with a light coating of dust which is usually the case in Summer.

Thanks for the tip guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I know what you mean, mine is Ming Blue. QD is just the trick to finish it off instead of going for the fullblown polish.

Ta