megs scratch x

DIABLO636

Reaction score
Have got some very light scratches on my car so i thought id buy something to get rid of them.
Will megs scratch x do the trick ?
Dont have a machine polisher so will need to do this my hand.
Is there anychance of causing any damage using this product ?
Or is it relatively straight forward ?

Wash it with the two bucket method, clay it, wash it, dry it, scratch X, megs 2 stage and then a decent top coat wax....

ive done all that --- 2 buckets, last touch, waffle weave, sonus grey, srp, egp, #476 etc...looks great.
just some small scratches on certain arears.....not used scratch x before.....
i know i will need to put some wax protection back over the parts i use the scratch x on, but i dont want to cause any marring to the paint where im applying the scratch x....just wondering if this is likley to happen ?
Any particular technique i should use ?

In my experience, and I'm no professional,(!) is that Scratch X is an off the shelf product so it's not that harsh, I've used it and not damaged anything in the past and I am just the type of person to damage something trying to repair it!!

Hope that inspires you with some confidence!!!

Will

I have found scratch X to be very mild and used it more as a tar spor remover. Its not abrasive like T-cut is much milder

PorkyWill said:
I am just the type of person to damage something trying to repair it!!
Will

LOL - Me too, which is why i was checking - oh well will give it a go...

:idea: - Actualy may try it on my fathers VW Passat first....he has some light scratches he wants sorting too....

You'll be fine with Scratch X by hand, but chances are it will do little to improve the defects; Audi paint is bordering on too hard for scratches to be corrected fully by hand, no matter what product you use. The risk of marring is minimal, just make sure you work the paste long enough for it to all but disappear, which is the sign that the abrasives are breaking down properly. :)