Mean looking light coloured cars do they exist ?

bigblokey0

Reaction score
My car is an A6 quattro sport yes its got 18 " rs6 alloys and yes its got twin exhausts but apart from that it don't look mean :/ ive never owned a car this light (crystal blue) so i need some advice on how to give it some attitude without obviously ruining the car. If you've got a light coloured car especially crystal blue lets have a look :)

Im debating whether or not to paint the wheels a dark colour, mesh the front grill maybe and paint the rings matte black,paint the calipers dunno what colour though tinted rear lights maybe ?

I've been thinking about Lamin-X but not sure if it would work on a light car (mine is Crystal Blue too), and maybe de-chrome the grill.

Have it wrapped matt black?

To be fair some colours can carry off a moody light coloured look but a light blue I think you're a bit stuck. Seen a tough as nails white E46 M3 with a carbon fibre bonnet and dark grill surrounds etc over anthracite BBS's, looked hard as nails

Heres some pics not very good ones though and the car needs a good clean

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

I would start by blacking the chrome grill surround and dechroming the side window trims. Take the Sport badge off the boot as it looks like a Helllfrauds stick on afterthought. Lower it, decent rear silencer and maybe have the rims repainted and a light smoke on the windows perhaps if you can live with tints (I can't but..) and maybe some smoked tail lights (proper ones not DIY)

I agree. Anthracite wheels (19's as the A6 is a big car?) would look good with a lower. Fatter (100mm?) exhaust tips from Powerflow welded on the end. Plus a dechromed grille - try it with electrical tape first if you're not sure. And a Cupra splitter on the front.

That would transform it I think.

de-chrome for a start.

Dark wheels, lower it also.

As the other lads say, then week by week go onto exhaust, lights, etc!

what do you mean by fatter 100 mm ?

there 18s that are on it at the mo on my other a6 they seemed to fill the arches alright but on this one they dont and this one is the sport model (dont they come with 20mm lower as standard ?

im not sure on lowering it yes i know it would look good but i already get tyre scrubbage at the front

tints ive never been a fan of unless you can do all the windows the same colour but by law you cant :/

everything else mentioned sounds good

They're legal yes, make sure you get hubcentric ones as they'll seat properly on the hubs.

On an A4 with typical wheel offset of 43 I'd suggest 10mm all round to drop the offset to 33 ish (35 is a good offset on an A4 to fill the arches but not as much that the wheels stick out) - I'm not familiar with the A6's though so you might want a second opinion!

What offset are your wheels? 43?

looking on ebay for a6 spacers theres a few but there different sizes i.e 15mm 20mm whats the best to go for ?

If they're genuine wheels it will be marked on the inside of one of the spokes.

ie. 18 x 8J ET43 or similar.

I can't advise on what size spacers to get for an A6 as I'm not familiar with the stance of them etc. Try asking in the A6 forum.

Don't forget you'll need longer wheel bolts with the spacers, make sure they're included.

get rid of the chrome all around the car its pointless on a light coloured car the dark wheels ,black wing mirrors and black audi rings and your on to a winner its worked for my car do it its worth doing these days you have to have a different car to stand out from the croud :wub:

It doesn't matter what Et your wheels are it matter s what ET your car should be, I would go for 20mm rear and 15mm front both hubcentric spacers, this will stop the rubbing, then a set if Coilovers, de chrome, tines all round, if you get pulled take them out but for now just chance it. Remove the sport badge and get some S / RS exhaust tips and maybe diffuser. It will look pretty mean even in such a light colour. If you can afford it you must get 19"s but low first!!

Good look mate, keep us up to date.

Just had a closer look at pics and I don't think you need spacers at all, I think you could benefit from having your wheels skimmed down slightly but they will move further into arches when you lower it.

Find out what offset your are running and what you should be running and I'll be able to help.

If you buy new wheels just get the right ET.

Heres how my car is looking now thanks to some input from you guys :)

improvement ?

front.jpg

rear.jpg

IMAG0092-1.jpg

Good improvement mate, getting there.

Although i'd do the other 2 lower grilles black same as the centre, add some width and look better.

Some decent exhaust tips will bring up the rear end a treat mate.

Edit-Just looked back and noticed the grilles were originally black, why colour code them??? Looks cheapish imo. Defo need them black again!:confused:

Last edited:
Edit-Just looked back and noticed the grilles were originally black, why colour code them??? Looks cheapish imo. Defo need them black again!:confused:

i colour coded them because i like the shape of the grilles on the new audis and wanted it looking more like that

i colour coded them because i like the shape of the grilles on the new audis and wanted it looking more like that

Hmmm, theres too much of a big section that isnt the centre grille to look like new Audis thou. If you're getting to where you want then fair play mate, its your car and it must be for yourown pleasure first, but i think if you want the moody/mean look like you said originally then the more black the better, especially in these areas. Try a photoshop first if you arent sure!