ME7 Logger - Tips

Sam_

Down under
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this and perhaps can steer me in the right direction? I met a guy with an RS6 running GTX3071s and got talking about logging. He recommended ME7 Logger over VCDS as you can log shedloads at once and with much higher resolution, 12 times a second apparently.

I assume I need this:
Logging ME7 fast and flexible => ME7Logger
and this:
GUI for ME7Logger

It mentions ECU image though, how would I get that? Sounds like a bios from the old emulator days :)

I'm trying to work out why my power dipped on the dyno. Apparently everyone was 10kW down on the day which made me feel a bit happier but still not sure what's causing that dip. Figures are at the wheels.

2013-04-13-09.39.21.jpg

Yes used it lots.

main thing required is a clean k-line from the ECU to the Vcds cable. Running through obd port is unlikely to work unless you bypass the cluster and run a line from the ECU directly to the port.

You need an original version of the ECU flash to create the template, then you just select the variables you require to log, a knowledge of the me7 is desirable as then you'll know which things you need. Benefits over vcds are it samples at a much higher rate, you can log numerous variables at once , if you know specific paths then you can log variables associated to your issues,and finally it can be plotted directly in ECUx. If you look at my hybrid r&d thread you'll see all my logs are from me7 logger and ECUx. You can also use it tooling in real time and display data live with the right sw.