1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

me again people, earth strap question

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jonny87, Jun 8, 2010.

1. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

[Jun 8, 2010]
    ...yes, im still here boys and girls,

had a very 'turbulent' couple of months, trying to sell the motor (unsucsessfully) working all hours god sends, 60hrs most weeks and then my my girlfriend dropping a bit of bombshell on me along with all the usual ***** that life chucks at me, as a result i am now keeping the s3 for the short term at least and back to smoking 20 fags a day after having quit for over 6 months!

i see the forum has changed, again, not had chance to browse through it totally yet but what i have seen so far looks spot on:respekt:

anyway, back on topic, im trying to locate the earth strap that is somewhere on the rear axle, possibly on the rear diff? read through a couple of old threads earlier but couldnt find a definate answer so any help much appreciated, as always

cheers
    jon
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

[Jun 8, 2010]
    Sorry to hear your stress mate. I've recently gone through some GF stress and I've lost a load of weight due to it so I know how you feel.

You've probably seen my posts on this mysterious earth strap? I posted a photo of what I thought looked like a new piece of kit on my rear diff after a service but nobody could confirm that it was the earth strap or not. When do you need to know by?
  4. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

[Jun 8, 2010]
  5. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

[Jun 8, 2010]
    Hope your ok too westle mate!
  6. Westy

[Jun 8, 2010]
    Cheers mate :friends:
  7. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

[Jun 8, 2010]
    Nice to see you Jon! Chin up, things are sent to try us.

Westle - you need to buy COD6 and play online with me now I've added you on the PSN....

Anyway, the earth strap. I remeber seeing your photo Westle, but can't remember ever hearing much else about it to be fair....
  8. Westy

[Jun 8, 2010]
    Welly I only bought the PS3 due to my situation and having loads of free time on my hands now. Saw you login last night. I'm a bit of a trophy whore so I'm collecting all the ones in Battlefield 2 before I buy COD. Been squading up with a mate of mine too which is a laugh.

Anyway back on subject, I'll ask my mech who fitted the new earth strap to mine.
  9. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

[Jun 8, 2010]
    cheers for the link gops, hadnt read that thread

for the moment im gunning for the earth strap due to the nature of the symptons, had it plugged in using a snap on computer and it chucked a couple of codes but cleared and didnt come back, untill 2 days ago it threw the same codes, my mate said they are as if they had all been unplugged at some point, making me think bad earth, i know from driving when my 4wd is and isnt working, its painfully obvious when driving hard around bends :(

westle if you could ask your mate where its located that would be ace, ive been underneath many a time now and cant see it making me think it could be on top of the diff?

thanks for all the replies guys
  10. Westy

[Jun 8, 2010]
    Did you see my old pictures of what I thought was the earth strap? Do you have that?
  11. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

[Jun 8, 2010]
    no i dont think so mate, didnt see any pics in the threads ive read anyway...
  12. Westy

[Jun 8, 2010]
    I've done a search but cant find the old thread anywhere. Also I can view any pics in my album they're all black! I think I have the photo in there somewhere.
  13. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

[Jun 9, 2010]
    if you could find it for me mate i would be a very happy chappy :)