McRae dead?

Oh no, BBC News 24 have just reported that there were four people onboard, Colin is believed to be one of them, there are no survivors. No formal ID's will be made until tomorrow.

sad day for motorsport ....thoughts go out to his family....R.I.P

World rally star Colin McRae and his young son were feared dead after his helicopter crashed and exploded near his Scottish home.
The 39-year-old driver was thought to be at the controls of the French-built Squirrel helicopter with his son Johnny, five, as a passenger when it crashed a mile from the family farm in Lanarkshire just after 4pm.

Absolutely awful. If true, himself and his son amongst the flight crew. sad sad news. I worked on some websites promoting video games brought out in his honour. A fear I hold of anyone flying a light aircraft - my uncle has a helicopter, and it only amplifies my fears of such accidents and the reality of what can happen. Thoughts go out.

Saw it on Sky News this morning - shocking news and although they are reporting "Believed to be Colin" I fear that will be a confirmation soon... My heart goes out to his family....

A legend lost....
Thoughts to his family and all his fans.... really is a sad, sad day.

Just seen this on sky, shocking news!
Has been comfirmed McRae and his 5yr old son were in the helicopter.

Thoughts go to his family, he is an absolute legend.

R.I.P

Total shock. I dont know about everyone else but you sometimes look at Celebs & Sports stars as being invincible to an extent, then things like this happen, total reality check.

Jesus, first Richard Burns, now Colin too. Neither in the manner they would've wanted to go.

God bless your family Colin and thank you for many proud moments.

Ian.

Gutted. Heard this in the radio this morning and thought nooooo........ one of those moments your heart just sinks.

Thoughts to his wife and daughter who are now left behind, the man was a true legend :salute:

I can't believe this has happened. Absolutely gutted. I shudder to think what must have gone through his mind in the seconds before the crash. This is so,so bad. Really upset about this.

Chris.

Absolutely gutted...... Ranks alongside losing other greats such as Senna and Richard Burns.

I was only looking through my photo's of the 1995 World Championship finale the other day. I was very proud to be there at Chester and to have patted Colin on the back as he went to collect the trophy.

My sincere condolences to his family, a great man who will be sorely missed by the world of motorsport.

Shocking!!!! first Richard Burns is taken from us , Now Mcrae, I used to live in the town next to Lanark, Carluke, I had a mate at school whos dad worked for his father Jimmy met thwe whole family including Alistair a couple of times Colin was an amazing guy really down to earth. Tragic loss for his family and the world of motorsport.

How tragic! so sad and great loss. We heard it on the radio on Sunday, on our way to collect my car. What a shock!:sorry:

Our thoughts go out to his family and friends.

R.I.P.