McClaren sacked

I have to say, this cracks me up when whichever sport has a bad run - either sack the coach, manager, captain...

GET SOME NEW F***G PLAYERS!!!!!

OutLore said:
I have to say, this cracks me up when whichever sport has a bad run - either sack the coach, manager, captain...

GET SOME NEW F***G PLAYERS!!!!!
Who picks the players?

If McClaren was truly sorry for having failed he wouldn't be taking the £2.5m payout that he does NOT deserve.
I didn't see one note of genuine disappointment in his post match interview and I defy anyone to find an English person who was in favour of McClaren being the England manager even before last night's debarcle.

He should have walked or been pushed long ago.

TQS said:
If McClaren was truly sorry for having failed he wouldn't be taking the £2.5m payout that he does NOT deserve..

I couldn't agree more, that's why he didn't resign, he wouldn't have been entitled to the payout. But i suppose it's a little understandable, I mean, he's never going to get another job in football surely?!

Just saw his press conference.
He avoided all meaningful questions by replying "That's not for today"...well, what was the point of the press conference then you gimp?

Sums him up... complete 'Yes man' - if i'd just been sacked for being a failure i'd sure as hell be saying WHY i failed but he avoided that by just saying nice things about everyone, presumably to help him with his next job.

I'd love to know his real opinion why high profile players consistantly underperform for their country... although i think i know the answer to that already

james0808 said:
Who picks the players?

The media! lol Bet yes you are right. But then again, I'm sure whichever manager took over would have picked pretty much the same players.

They're gonna be short of offers to manage the team now lottie, i say apply!

Yea was thinking that too, don't think either of them would do it though.

I never wanted Steve McClaren as manager anyway.....he used to manage middlesborough ***!!! I cant remember the last time they won a game, never mind a trophy.

Cant put all the blame on him though. Apart from Peter Crouch, no one else seems to perform as well for their country as they do for their club.

Radio 1 have done a phone vote and Jose Mourinho is came out on top followed by Alan Shearer.

Isn't it a shame all the potentially available good managers or manager material aren't interested in the job . . . . No wonder we get people like Steve McClaren . . . .

Randomjim said:
I vote ian wright for manager :rockwoot:

No way dude, he would have SWP play every match and lets face it, that was one of McClarens biggest **** ups last night, playing him instead of Beckham...

What about Stuart Pearce? I know he wasn't brilliant for Man City, but he didn't do too bad.
Could you imagine one of his players saying "sorry boss, but I didn't have my heart in it!"

He's doing well'ish for the U21's, but I dont think he's ready for the leap to the full England Coaching role. Maybe as the assistant . . . . .

The FA will probably pull someone we dont want or even thought about to do the job anyway . . .

unkle . . . I don't think Wrighty would play SWP every game, he would pick the BEST players at that time. Not just for their possible potential.

Them aside, what is Lampard still doing in the squad. . . . He is good at club level, but for the last two years has been diabolical Internationally.

To be honest, it would be hard to say any of the squad played well the other night.

He did stick the penalty away though, something most english players are incapable of.
I think the Croatian coach was excellent in the after match interview, far more insight on our pitiful performance than McCLaren provided. He referred to the "Negative Pressure" we always seem to play under, which summed it up nicely, especially when taking penalties. We have a "**** I'm gonna miss" attitude rather than "I'm about to score another international goal" which the continentals seem to enjoy.
Also Becks was surprisingly insightful & eloquent.

Good call, but how many shots go wayward . . .

He had the most shots of the last World Cup, shame they weren't on target we may have won it. :lmfao:

So we'd have won the world cup if it was based on "wasted chances" and lack of skill then?
Excellent. Sorry but you can't score a goal unless it's on target.