1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maybe asking too much

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by hollow, Feb 17, 2011.

1. hollow

hollow Active Member

[Feb 17, 2011]
    owned my 2.0 tdi 140 sportback for 3 years now ,wife is preggers again :crying:

i have to sell the car for something with 7 seats

car is a 05 plate dark grey (forgot colour name) sport 6 speed manual with 121,000 miles with part dealer history . brother owns a vw private garage so car gets serviced twice a year even though it does less than 4,000 miles a year .

full leather ,from an 09 plate ,alloy inserts ,lowered ,split rim look 18's ,vented drilled disks all round ,new clutch , hybrid turbo ,stage 2 custom remap 231 bhp on paper .

bodywork is excellent

i was going to ask around 8500 even though ive got around 11.5 k in the car

but it seems alot for an 05 plate car , but then when looking on fleabay it doesnt seem that high .

oops forgot to add full votex bodykit with 09 plate rear diffuser and full black grill
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

[Feb 17, 2011]
    i think you might struggle with 121k on the clock matey

might be better off taking some of the upgraded parts off the car and selling as standard as you can. the fact it's got engine mods may well put off buyers as well so beware
  4. hollow

hollow Active Member

[Feb 17, 2011]
    i thought with all the work done it would be a cheaper option than someone buying the same year car and then having all the work done ,think about all the labour costs on top .

something that i didnt have to pay as my brother owns the garage .

besides removing the wheels and the hybrid turbo nothing else can be removed ,besides that i would need the ecu remmaping down a standard turbo cant take that amount of boost
  5. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

[Feb 17, 2011]
    i'd leave the turbo. hybrid means it's OEM enough. meant the brakes and things

the "it's cheaper as a package" option only works if you're selling to an enthusiast, and with no disrespect intended i'd imagine the average enthusiast wouldn't want a car with 121k and would probably want to put their own stamp on things. just my opinion ofc, and i could well be proven wrong.

best of luck with your sale anyhow, and congrats on the baby news!