1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May need a new windscreen - Auto lights

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Wrath, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Wrath

Wrath Active Member

I've recently gained an annoying scratch on my windscreen, right in my line of sight. It depends how annoying it gets but I may need a new windscreen. Thing is, do I just swap like for like or should I get the windscreen that the auto-dim mirror fits on so I can retrofit auto lights?

I've read many threads but ultimately can't find anyone who has retrofitted this. Hazzy Dayz fit it at nearly £600 (not including windscreen) but can't see why the price is this high.

What do you guys think?
  2. mattb1434

mattb1434 New Member

Alrite i got mine changed by national windscreens it cost me £190 and i went for the one that holds the rain/light sensor + auto dim mirror.

I have fitted the rain sensor and wired that in and vagcom it and it works fine, I never made a howto in the end because i used this guide http://www.audiforum.us/c5-platform/5974-how-fit-auto-lights-coming-home-function.html, the pin locations are different on the a4 b7 but if you read through the guide it tells you which ones.

Im just waiting to find an auto light switch and i can finish it off.

Hope the guide helps!!

Matt
  3. Wrath

Wrath Active Member

That's good news, glad there is someone that has done it so if I screw it up I can ask :icon_thumright:

Are you going to fit the coming home light switch? Did you get the repair wire and pins?