1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max Turbo Boost Revo settings

MushroomMan Jul 14, 2003

1. MushroomMan

MushroomMan Sucemabite

A strange friend is luring me with his SPS3 dongle.

Says my standard Revo settings (1.3 bar peak boost delivering 260bhp - 270 lbs/ft) is for girls and I should change to High boost 9 and Timing 7. This, he assures, will deliver some 282bhp and 289 lbs/ft torque (peak boost 1.5bar) whilst simultaneously restoring my flagging manhood. An offer a man in my position should not pass on lightly.

He wants to set the car up for me but thought I should seek the expert advice of the Forum before agreeing. For instance, what would be the effect on the turbo? Has anyone out there been running non-standard settings or got any useful information to add here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

2. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

I know there are people running high settings all the time with no problems, and I would feel that if it's there in the program then why not....Just my opinion though.

I would take the offer and enjoy, but having said that I would be slightly worried about that much boost....

3. mramage

mramage Member

Golf Bygone, I'd be more worried about the heat involved at that BHP. A FMIC might be a good idea before taking it to the max.

4. MushroomMan

MushroomMan Sucemabite

[ QUOTE ]
    AL B said:
    Not implying that you thrash your car about all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Have we met before? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. GolfTTish

GolfTTish Member

The way you drive bruno, your car will need a new body shell before anything mechanical goes!!
    Heat shouldn't be a major problem, as the i/c's on the S3 are prety efficient on the road. The one I logged didn't go much over 50C when having the sh*t kicked out of it on a 29C day, running high boost.
    My front mount on the golf regularly sees higher temps than this.

6. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

Did u bother ringing REVO for clarification ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

7. MushroomMan

MushroomMan Sucemabite

No but I will.