Mats

G

Gordo77

Thinking ahead to the S3... what sort of mats do they come with as standard, and has anyone went for either the rubber ones, which I guess would be great in winter, but look a bit "clinical"...

...or the textile ones, which seem to come in either red or blue:

The textile ones are about £80 I think, and there's also the Premium ones which have the A3 logos on them...?

Reactions: SRT
I have both the supplied mats and genuine audi ones for the winter. Despite my car only having around 12,000 on it, and the rubber ones only used in the winter, a wear hole has already appeared. Thus they do not appear to be very good quality. I only wear my stilettos outside of the car, honestly...

Reactions: Sandra, Brasso, richinsoton and 2 others
I have a front pair of Audi supplied A3 rubber tray type mats and not had a problem. I bought them for winter but never bothered putting the originals back in during summer. Seem ok to me even after 3 yrs and 23000 miles but are showing slight marks where the heels rest..
I can see why they would wear through as they have a type of 3/4" rubber cross pattern on the back which means that the raised bits don't touch the carpet underneath. Probably like this to give then a softer bouncy feeling.
They clean up well and I'll be keeping them for the S3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordo77
I'm tempted to get the rubber ones for the winter, the ones I bought when I got the car are black with red leather edges and white stitching....you can have any option you want on colour. They can be seen in this thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/what-have-you-done-to-your-8v-today.236518/page-6#post-2419095

I've put them next to the ones you get with the car so you can see the difference in thickness. They still look good today, come up like new when hoovered :)

EDIT* £55.98 delivered from here http://www.carmats4u.com/tailored-c...di-a3-s3-2012-onwards-exclusive-car-mats.html

Reactions: pburv and Gordo77
I've used my supplied textile ones over last winter and the last 18 months and they are still like new. 10k and a little in and no issues with them. Clean up very well.

Reactions: pburv, Gordo77 and Rob2k68
Oh forgot to say, I sprayed them with this stuff and it helps keep the muck from going too deep! Amazon product

Funny enough it's great for shoes as well :)

Reactions: pburv, Gordo77 and Rob2k68
I got some fairly ok'ish charcoal grey textile mats with my car but now have the red stripe ones from the middle pic. Much thicker and great quality but almost want to put my slippers on before getting in the car !!

Reactions: pburv, glospete, Gordo77 and 1 other person
I have a full set of front and rear a3 rubber mats - they're great. The fronts have been used over winter but I haven't yet used the rears.

Probably looking to shift them when I change to the a4 soon so if anyone is interested give me a shout.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gordo77
DSC 0331
Rubbers do it for me...lol £35.................

Reactions: pburv, Gordo77, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Are you rubber all year round Jassy? And try not to lower the tone of the conversation. :whistle2:

Reactions: pburv, Gordo77, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Are you rubber all year round Jassy? And try not to lower the tone of the conversation. :whistle2:

OK l won't post in a deep voice then lol yeah love these matts they look awesome but l put down a regular rubber on top the Audi rubber,just to be extra safe.. Can't feel a thing...lol when l put my feet on them.....dare not go commando lol

Reactions: pburv, Sandra, Gordo77 and 3 others
You been cleaning the car today. Immaculate. :friends:

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog, Gordo77 and 1 other person
I hate rubber but like it in the car

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog, Gordo77 and 1 other person
£35 sounds cheap from Audi.

Reactions: glasgowdubber and Gordo77
I have the original Audi rubber mats for winter & the standard carpet ones for summer. I have seen some cars with the S3 embossed in the carpet versions. Don't think you can get genuine factory versions so has anybody recommend a good quality aftermarket supplier please?.

I have the original Audi rubber mats for winter & the standard carpet ones for summer. I have seen some cars with the S3 embossed in the carpet versions. Don't think you can get genuine factory versions so has anybody recommend a good quality aftermarket supplier please?.

I looked around for a quite a while trying to find good quality carpet mats with an S3 logo on them and give up in the end, I just couldn't find anything with the S3 logo on them that didn't look poorly made with poor quality materials.

I just settled for the Audi OEM ones in the end, plain black with a very subtle silver/grey stitch

I looked around for a quite a while trying to find good quality carpet mats with an S3 logo on them and give up in the end, I just couldn't find anything with the S3 logo on them that didn't look poorly made with poor quality materials.

I just settled for the Audi OEM ones in the end, plain black with a very subtle silver/grey stitch

I think you can get proper Audi mats with S3 logo for left hand drive cars... not sure why not available for RHD cars tho.

Same here, stuck with the factory original. Shame that LHD get the S3 logo on the mats & also a factory dead pedal/clutch rest.

Reactions: Chris4410
Is that £35 from Audi for the set of 4?

Just the 2 fronts mate... Don't do rear passengers lol or front seat passengers if l can help it....

Reactions: pburv, Sandra, Pook and 1 other person

Same here, spent hours agonising over the choice and in the end decided none looked that high quality

But i do like the simplicity of the blue stripe in the OP pic, might start my deliberations again

Rubbers do it for me...lol £35.................

Cant be doing rubber, not in the car anyway

Reactions: pburv, Chris4410 and Jassyo06
So I went ahead and bought a set of the blue stripe premium mats off eBay for the bargain price of £35... really pleased with them. They seem very durable and have quite a think hard pile.

Unnamed

Might still consider the rubber ones for the front over winter. :)

Reactions: pburv, S32B, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
So I went ahead and bought a set of the blue stripe premium mats off eBay for the bargain price of £35... really pleased with them. They seem very durable and have quite a think hard pile.

View attachment 101192

Might still consider the rubber ones for the front over winter. :)

Very nice indeed - a steel at that price !!!

Reactions: pburv
Very nice indeed - a steel at that price !!!

Definitely a bargain... just need the car to arrive so I can make proper use of them... although I've put one under my desk at work in the meantime just to try it out! ;) :D

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Definitely a bargain... just need the car to arrive so I can make proper use of them... although I've put one under my desk at work in the meantime just to try it out! ;) :D

Haha LoL trust me you'll be driving your car in slippers !!!!

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog and Gordo77

You've what....!!!! under yer desk......for a wee spot of toe curlin.......kinky....lol

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and 1 other person