Mate bought a Williams 3 Clio, anyone had one or been in one?

Reaction score
My mate bought a Williams 3 Clio at the weekend and gets it on Thursday. He is pretty excited as he sold his mod'd civic Jordon and has been running around in a banger fiesta for the past month.

Was just wonderin if anyone has been in one or has owned one in the past?

Here are a couple of pics.

45013-1.jpg

45013-3.jpg

45013-5.jpg

45013-6.jpg

Cheers folks.

soupie,

I have owned both the std. 16v clio and a Williams 1 some years ago from new. Both were an absolute hoot to drive and lost nearly nothing in depreciation.

The std. 16v had the sweeter engine. It would bounce off the limiter quicker than any other car i have owned, but get caught out of the power band and it had no torque.

The Williams engine is a bit gruff and boomy, but has lots more torque, making it easier to pull you out of lift off oversteer manouvers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Handling on both is spot on, not as tail happy as a 1.9 pug 205 GTI, but oversteer is available on demand.

One point of advice though, I had Michelin pilot HX's supplied on both these cars and they are low grip especially on the rears. Changed both times to Michelin Pilot SX's and although they wore out twice as quick the grip levels and more progressive break away is well worth it.

Great choice of 'fun' motor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif