1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massive Favour - Alloy wheels

thebluefox Feb 23, 2013

1. thebluefox

thebluefox Active Member Team Sepang Audi S3

Afternoon all,

A massive favour to ask of someone I know, but if you don't ask, you never know, etc.

Basically, I'm going to need to leave my S3 at UCC for a week or so to get them refurbed and due to work I can't be without my car. So I'm trying to find some suitable wheels to borrow for a week or so? Happy to negotiate some beer token or something for the trouble, with tyres ideally but if not I can get them changed over.

I know its a long shot before anyone says ;)

Thanks all!

2. Biggs

Biggs Member

Your location might help ?

3. thebluefox

LOL! Sorry - Leicester ;)

4. amit87

amit87 Active Member

a week to refurb wheels?! I had all mine done by a mobile professional in half a day for £140, there was large chunks out of it too which the previous owner had done and when I got them back, couldnt tell!! Im in Milton Keynes, this guy doesnt really move his van so I went to him but I did it in 1 saturday. I have the 2005 A3 sportback sport with these alloys

http://www.tyresmoke.net/attachments/703786-Wheel.jpg

as they basic and had them the same colour (although he can change, or 2 tone etc etc) it wasnt expensive and are returned to how they look in the pic, was very happy

5. mike170

mike170 Member

Surely the place doing your wheel will have a set as I see this as a common problem when all cars use their services?

6. thebluefox

They're not going to take a week to do. Due to work commitments I can only drop off/collect at the weekends.

Mmm, I guess so but to stock alloys for every possible fitment/size is probably asking a little too much.

7. Danny-boy

Danny-boy Member

Do A4 wheels fit the A3.

If so, I have a set of 17's in Birmingham.

If not, it was the thought that counted!!!

Dan

8. thebluefox

Cheers for the thought Danny! Not sure 17's will fit over the S3 brakes though? :(

9. Danny-boy

Danny-boy Member

Ah, fair enough mate.

Hope you find some wheels.

10. H17YD L

H17YD L Active Member

17's will fit over I've got a set on ATM but the offset might be a problem with the a4 wheels I think the a3's are 56 but I'm sure a4's are that much lower, it's stamped on the back of one of the spokes

11. Danny-boy

Danny-boy Member

Pretty sure they are ET45

12. H17YD L

H17YD L Active Member

I think that will be alright then, I'm sure someone will confirm soon enough but I cant see there being a problem

13. Danny-boy

Danny-boy Member

Are the A3's 5x112 ?

14. Richh999

Richh999 Member

What date would this be? I have a spare set of 18" ronals which 2 have tyres on that you could borrow.. I can throw tyres on the other 2 but would cost me about 60ish i think...

15. H17YD L

H17YD L Active Member

Yes they are