1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marks in paint? How to remove?

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Orothon, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Orothon

Orothon New Member

A couple of years ago I bought a VW Polo but have since noticed some marks in the paintwork. The car had had a total respray due to being keyed all over before I bought it but I have no idea what these marks are or how to remove them. Can anyone help?

Hopefully they will show on the pic.

[​IMG]

(I can't see the pic in the preview of the post so if it's not showing in the post, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong)

The URL to the pic is

http://s347.photobucket.com/albums/p462/cs8smh/?action=view&current=DSC00075.jpg

Thanks

Simon

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jr001

jr001 Member

You cut and paste the IMG code! It's some size of pic mate!!!!

Here it is:

[​IMG]

It's really difficult to tell what the marks are but they certainly ruin the look. They all look regular in shape however. Sorry I can't help here - I haven't seen that before TBH. Hopefully someone else can come along and shed some light.

Where are you based?

Might be an idea to take into a bodyshop for a quick diagnosis if there's one nearby.

4. Orothon

Orothon New Member

They are scattered all over the body and not just confined to the front wing as well. I think it might be something that went wrong with the lacquer as it is a kind of milky effect.

I am based in Seaham just outside of Sunderland, can anyone recommend a decent bodyshop in the area?

5. Orothon

Orothon New Member

Not sure if this second pic helps at all.

[​IMG]