Mapping Bitdi History

The Black Panther

Adventurer !
Reaction score
A brief history of a mapped BITDI,

Mapped bitdi 388 bhp for last two years. Running fine no issues at all . The tuner has the ability to remove the map before dealer visit so the no TD1 codes are activated. Tuner regularly tunes new Rs6, R8, Rs3 S3, S4 etc etc.

Car is completely different beast from standard. Very enjoyable. Pick up lag from standstill reduced but still apparent unless launch control used.

Previously i had TD tuning box supposedly pushing out 377 bhp. Actually figure o trolling road was 342 bhp. So the tuning boxes are a poor equivalent to custom mapping.

Possible after warranty ends removing DPF/ CAT but waying this option up. More likely to pursue C8 TRITDI and tuning options.

Reactions: rassi, Rhyso and fingermouse
Care to share what tuner you have used? I am thinking about visiting Revo myself.

Can I ask which box you had?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Box DTUK and checked my rolling road bhp figures file yesterday. Got them slightly wrong but here are the correct figures.
Black is from factory and Pink is with DTUK box.

Screen Shot 2016 09 07 at 203243

Reactions: jojo and Aly
Box DTUK and checked my rolling road bhp figures file yesterday. Got them slightly wrong but here are the correct figures.
Black is from factory and Pink is with DTUK box.

View attachment 102622
350 is not too shabby from just a tuning box, let's be honest. Always thought the 370 was optimistic. I'm looking for a local RR to measure mine, but there isn't a 4wd one that does bhp at the fly local to me.

As above 350bhp comming in earlier isn't bad from a tuning box but the 775nm of torque is more impressive. Have you got the RR results from your proper remap?

Most recent advances.

Audi 2014 A6 3.0 TDI 313pk Biturbo
JD Stage 3: 459pk & 911Nm

Specs:
Wagner Intercooler
RS6 Airbox + K&N filter
DPF delete
Stage 3 software

Reactions: evans1089 and jojo
I should say i had a fair amount of people including the original Stage 1 tuner say it wasn't possible to tune these cars to this level.
There was even a guy on here with Wagner Intercooler RS6 Airbox + K&N filter fitted with a tune attempted saying i was taking rubbish.

Anyway . . . .. . . . . . . .. :)

Stage 4 is possible with larger turbos and injectors but i wont be going there.
Next ongoing upgrade is full Rs6 c7 calliper and wavey disc install.

Last edited:
Most recent advances.

Audi 2014 A6 3.0 TDI 313pk Biturbo
JD Stage 3: 459pk & 911Nm

Specs:
Wagner Intercooler
RS6 Airbox + K&N filter
DPF delete
Stage 3 software
Mr Audi, is an RS6 air box a direct fitment/upgrade over the standard air Box, or did it require modding to fit?

Have they guaranteed they can remove the TD1 flag? As far as I know once you flash the ECU it changes the checksum. If they can do it I'd be interested in getting my 245 done.

Direct fit no mods.
Parts below.

The part number of the K&N air filter is: E-1983 (audi S6 or A6 3.0tfsi)
The airbox is from a RS6 (part number 4G0 133 836 AF).

Mr Audi, is an RS6 air box a direct fitment/upgrade over the standard air Box, or did it require modding to fit?

Reactions: jojo
Direct fit no mods.
Parts below.

The part number of the K&N air filter is: E-1983 (audi S6 or A6 3.0tfsi)
The airbox is from a RS6 (part number 4G0 133 836 AF).

Can you post picture of your engine showing how RS6 airbox looks while fitted?

I looked at this mod earlier, but the information I found was it won't fit to A6 3.0 Quattro as RS6 airbox got two intake pipes and A6 got only one?

Thanks

Last edited:
You dont need the twin intake pipes part that is specific to the RS6 and comes with the new airbox anyway you just use the existing BITDI single version and place the twin pipe RS6 version in your garage shelf. RS6 airbox fitted in pictures below. 1 hr job.
After DPF delete and RS6 airbox car as stock without mapping was 345 bhp thats an 18 bhp increase more than the original stock of 327 bhp. My car is 313 BITDI so was delivered to me 14 BHP over stock from factory.

I removed the DPF not for power gain but because i has experienced DPF service lights in the last few months costing me £500 to fix via a software update at dealers. I figured it should be removed in light of the power gains and to avoid any more issues. Tuner tells me it offers no more BHP with it removed which bares out with the figures i witnessed of similar Stg 3 BITDi with DPF intact.

* Use the KN filter i listed above and its all plug and play. No issues :) *

I also use premiuin diesel at all times.

Image1

Image2

Can you post picture of your engine showing how RS6 airbox looks while fitted?

I looked at this mod earlier, but the information I found was it won't fit to A6 3.0 Quattro as RS6 airbox got two intake pipes and A6 got only one?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: jojo
Have they guaranteed they can remove the TD1 flag? As far as I know once you flash the ECU it changes the checksum. If they can do it I'd be interested in getting my 245 done.
Audi detected my first stage 1 remap. Reasons unknown as to how and why.

I wouldn't take my experience as conclusive as i still don't know how or why it happened.
But statistically out of every £1 billion in warranty claims Audi would have been paying out on X amount lets say 15% thats £150 million on inapropriate loses through vendor mistreatment tuning etc etc. Audi then they quite rightly built repost detection systems to find these rogue claims. If it was my company i would build robust systems for detection - but as and end user i have another outlook :).
******! TD1 seems pretty unbeatable.

As far as I was aware, TD1 didn't work on the flash count but instead uses a 1024-bit encrypted checksum which changes as soon as you flash. When the car is plugged into ODIS with online access, it reads the checksum and flags accordingly.

I understand why Audi do it but like you say it would be nice to play without affecting the warranty of other parts of the car.

As far as I was aware, TD1 didn't work on the flash count but instead uses a 1024-bit encrypted checksum which changes as soon as you flash. When the car is plugged into ODIS with online access, it reads the checksum and flags accordingly.

I understand why Audi do it but like you say it would be nice to play without affecting the warranty of other parts of the car.

Probably works on both but yes the checksum will also be altered

You've got to be seriously unlucky to have an engine problem with a remap. Equally it shouldn't affect your warranty on any other parts of the car

A remap for example won't stop your sunroof working!!

If you have any mod to the engine then engine, drivetrain, dpf, engine & gearbox electronics or any suspension wont be covered by Audi warranty and its out of the dealers control or ability to negotiate as the car connects direct to Audi in Germany and automatically calls a TD1. After that warranty on the above components is a bye bye wether caused directly by the mod on the component or not - no negotiation - no quibble - no many back guarantee. Thats a fact.
How do i know this because it happened to me with my DPF and a resultant £500 bill to straighten it out.
Sunroof yes they will still cover that.

Last edited:
Its not the remap mods that are necessarily the issue its that Audi will subsequently wriggle out of any claim on the items i mentioned in my post above wether true affected by the mod or not.
And i have a very good relationship with my dealer both on service and sales ( they are keen for me to commit to the R8 V10 plus I've been test driving recently while i mess about with the family 5 seater which I'm going to keep longterm to ferry the troops about in). Dealer hands are tied by Germany in terms of any scope for movement on warranty wit TD1 - THEY HAVE NO MOVEMENT. All the dealer can do is discount labour IF you have a good relationship with them and they choose to help you.

Probably works on both but yes the checksum will also be altered

You've got to be seriously unlucky to have an engine problem with a remap. Equally it shouldn't affect your warranty on any other parts of the car

A remap for example won't stop your sunroof working!!

Last edited:
Its not the remap mod that are the issue its that Audi will subsequently wriggle out of any claim on the items i mentioned in my post above.
And i have a very good relationship with my dealer both on service and sales ( they are keen for me to commit to the R8 V10 plus I've been test driving recently while i mess about with the family 5 seater which I'm going to keep longterm to ferry the troops about in). Dealer hands are tied by Germany in terms of any scope for movement on warranty wit TD1 - THEY HAVE NO MOVEMENT. All the dealer can do is discount labour IF you have a good relationship with them and they choose to help you.

Well of course they won't warrant anything that you've changed..........a simple remap however DOES NOT involve the changing of components and I know several people who have had remaps and had warranty work done on their car.

One bloke was back and forth the VW dealer about a dozen times with his Golf R

Best discount my personal conversation and experience with Audi then and go on the " Several People" you know of. Mmm
Re read my post again. I never changed the DPF and Audi wouldn't honour the software upgrade to rectify the issues. Now you can got to court to try and fight it out with Audi that simple remaps do not affect the engine, drivetrain, dpf, engine & gearbox electronics or any suspension but odds are you will end up massively out of pocket and none the better. Let us know how you get on. :)

The DPF warranty situation was with a Stage 1 remap and NO physical mods.

Well of course they won't warrant anything that you've changed..........a simple remap however DOES NOT involve the changing of components and I know several people who have had remaps and had warranty work done on their car.

The DPF warranty situation was with a Stage 1 remap and NO physical mods.

One bloke was back and forth the VW dealer about a dozen times with his Golf R

All this has been massively covered on other forums. People denying that a remap affects anything on the warranty train are living in a universe that Audi doesn't . Bottom line remap and see your warranty go away - if they catch you and detect TD1. If you can afford it fine. Im keeping my car its perfect for the family so i can absorb this.
* If you have to handback lease car and they find a Td1 expect a larger depreciation and residual value and you maybe asked to stump top/up the missing £££ on this when you hand the car back. * That will be a worry for some no doubt.

Last edited:
call me mad lol.. but can i not drill some nice 20mm holes in the top left of my current airbox and get tne same effect as the RS 6 box ? from looking at them it doesnt seem like theres any other differnce ? also booked a wee trip to JD for the same stage 3...

Reactions: jojo and The Black Panther
Im not sure of the exact differences but the RS6 air box is only £165 trade.

yeh just bought one from crewe audi on here for £145 delivered :)

Reactions: The Black Panther and jojo
as you can see very little differnce, it is slightly larger due to the fact it has a flat top rather than indented and has some holes in top. other than that identicle... is it worth £145...? pass... JD do recomend this and the K&N and they dont sell either so there must be something in it.. I guess when your trying to squeeze every available ounce of power out nd engine every little helps.. fitting time, literally 10 minutes no tools

Reactions: Rhyso, jojo and Rab.
Ave already got the K&N , Wonder if there would be slightly more noise with the Top open Vents for soooookin more Air in :)
Yup, I'd like to know if it makes anymore noise? Guess it won't be much more over the tdi rattle? Lol. Plus U have a Kufatec exhaust sound booster.

Reactions: Rab.
Not really any noticeable noise but It may have felt only slightly sharper on the pedal today.. or maybe that was me cleaning my 2yo k&N lol

Just adding there K N filter and RS6 airbox alone definitely added a little zip into the engine alone.