Mapping an A6 2.0 TDI Auto?

lukus89

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,
Hoping someone with either knowledge or experience can throw some info my way...

Ever since getting my A6 Avant 2.0 TDI 13 plate i've heard that they have weak gearboxes and i should under no circumstances, get it mapped... but, i'm getting bored. I really want to get more power out of it, and i'm not a fan of the performance box i got from that place i cant' remember...

so, Has anyone does it?

are the rumours true?

whats the worst that could happen? (cost wise)?

Cheers in advance

Don't know why this got no replies, the forum seems to have slowed down recently.

It depends on your gear box, there have been reports that the S-Tronic automatic boxes have needed repairs and replacing (£2-5k depending if you go to dealers or not I believe) and this is due to the S-Tronic boxes being close to the torque limit from factory. So if it is the S-Tronic then you could get a remap as long as it's by a good tuner and they focus on bhp increase while limiting the torque increase.

Cheers for the reply pal. Using shark tuning for it... not sure if it’s S tronic or not though? It’s booked in for next Friday so I can ask

Uauslly depending on the year if it's a 7 speed automatic it will be the S-Tronic, I believe there is a small amount of head room but i would be cautious of adding more than 40-50nm of torque. Even without massive torque the bhp should give the car a new lease of life.

Definetly dyno it so you can check the increases

It’s an 8 speed I believe, yeah booked it on dyno before and after!
If it’s an 8 speed (al check later ) does that mean it’s probably not s tronic and al be fine?

it shouldn't be an s-tronic has only been 7 speed, if it's 8 speed it should be the TipTronic or maybe the Multi-Tronic (The former is much more comfortable with torque increses and the later I don't have much knowlege or experience with)

I got S-tronic in mine as well. I got S-tronic tuned as well when I got mine remapped. I have attached before and after dyno runs for reference.

I think with gearboxes, if they are not serviced when they should. They are prone to fail. Otherwise all is good.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 520
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:
Cheers Lads, @Devilz i can't see on the sheet what your HP and Torque was before the map, can ya tell me?

ta

Don't know why this got no replies, the forum seems to have slowed down recently.

It depends on your gear box, there have been reports that the S-Tronic automatic boxes have needed repairs and replacing (£2-5k depending if you go to dealers or not I believe) and this is due to the S-Tronic boxes being close to the torque limit from factory. So if it is the S-Tronic then you could get a remap as long as it's by a good tuner and they focus on bhp increase while limiting the torque increase.

It also depends on the engine size. Considering his car is a 2.0ltr then there is more room for a torque increase. The 40-50Nm is more applicable to the 3.0ltr

Down at Shark Performance today lads, wheel bearing is being sorted then its onto the Dyno and then the map. Excited as!

Awesome matey, let us know how it goes and what the gains are :D

I went to Shark for a remap but when it was loaded the engine management light came on so they reloaded the map. No success as the light came on again. In the end i went to these guys www.more-bhp.com.

Shoulda got a BITDI - :fire::fire::fire::welcome!:
I got S-tronic in mine as well. I got S-tronic tuned as well when I got mine remapped. I have attached before and after dyno runs for reference.

I think with gearboxes, if they are not serviced when they should. They are prone to fail. Otherwise all is good.