1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mapping (2.0 tfsi quattro s line)

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by derek1howe, Jun 7, 2013.

1. derek1howe

derek1howe New Member

[Jun 7, 2013]
    What are the benefits of mapping a 2.0 tfsi quattro s line? Is it purely performance gains or does this help with MPG too ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

[Jun 7, 2013]
    be interesting to find out members experiences on this one.
  4. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[Jun 7, 2013]
    260bhp it's a serious difference and mpg isn't much different probably more on a gentle run but less around town..

In terms of the car and power, would I go back to standard 197bhp not a chance. Just make sure the car is serviced well and be prepared to unleash the beast it will fly the benefits and how the car feels (like it should of done leaving the factory) far out way any added wear and tear (clutch) touch wood 8 months on and it's ok still no slip
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    wuta3 likes this.
  5. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

[Jun 7, 2013]
    I for one am thankful for JamesO's input and shall take it into account when making my own purchasing decisions :)
  6. derek1howe

derek1howe New Member

[Jun 8, 2013]
    Thanks for the reply. Can you recommend a place that does mapping and how much roughly are we talking price wise?

Thanks again
  7. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[Jun 8, 2013]
    Well mine is a custom map as opposed to the generic off the shelf type, so it's vehicle specific, it's put on logged and adjusted so it's probably a little more aggressive than revo for example. It's was £340. If you want the details pm me
  8. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

[Jun 8, 2013]
    If you resist the temptation to hoof it at every opportunity, a decent remap will most likely increase MPG over the standard map as well as ironing out drivability and increasing performance.
  9. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Jun 8, 2013]
    Exactly what Artimus said. A remap will obviously increase the power but also makes the vehicle drive so much better and smoother. There is a slight difference between the top tuners maps in the way of power delivery but all are highly recommended. The stage 1 S3 map compared to standard is like night and day across the board but do your research before selecting which tuner you go for as there are slight differences which have been discussed on various other threads.