Mapped s3 running 3bar fuel pressure regulator?

darren t

Reaction score
Hi my car when bought did have a 3 bar fpr on it I changed it too a 4 bar would this throw out the map by much ect as my pull inside car dosent feel as strong anymore??? Could it be this everything else is ok boost ect? Or is it me being use too car now!

It's supposed to have a 3 bar FPR on it. If it was mapped for a 3bar and you stuffed a 4 bar on, all that will happen is the ECU will attepmt to pull the added 15% fuel back out to make it back to where it should be. If it's not right, i'd suggest it's probably struggling to remove the fuel added by stuffing the 4 bar.

Remove it and put the 3 bar FPR back in

Hi my car when bought did have a 3 bar fpr on it I changed it too a 4 bar would this throw out the map by much ect as my pull inside car dosent feel as strong anymore??? Could it be this everything else is ok boost ect? Or is it me being use too car now!

why why why why why why did you think this was a good idea?
you have now added 15% more fuel than it wants.....

put 3bar back on dude
Pointless just chucking more fuel in.........

why why why why why why did you think this was a good idea?
you have now added 15% more fuel than it wants.....

put 3bar back on dude
Pointless just chucking more fuel in.........
I did this as my engine bay seemed very hot lol and I did bend a rod so thought my map was running lean and could keep temps down a bit I have had several problems ect all sorted now touch wood and just don't seem too have that kick it had!! Look forward too seeing what your rollers say on my car had 10 runs on midland vows rollers with let's say embarrassing results!!

Unknown map all I was told is it was running 320bhp pmsl on a hybrid k04 with a standard manifold but turbo was replaced before I bought car by garage I bought from with a standard ko4 turbo I have receipt ! So my guess is map was killing engine thinking it had a hybrid ko4 on I have since forged engine and put a hybrid ko4 back on!

And doesn't fell like it did with a standard k04!!! Thought it would be a big kick of power at 3000 rpm??? My boost. Isn't meeting requested since I've had it back from engine shop compression back I did wind actuator off too wear in new rings adjusted now but can't get it too reach 1.7bar ??? Cantons hold only holding at 1.3 spikes at 1.5 ??? Map wants more so I've adjusted actuator half a turn no difference leak??? Does hold the 1.3bar??? And was holding 1.7 on same turbo with low compression??

1.7 bar is HUGE boost mate. No map should be asking for that much.

I'm sure there will be a clear picture on Sunday after the RR runs :)

Prawn does your car be
at s3 s for fun I rebuilt my old one no map put boost controller on and it was fast with a k03s running 195 bhp before map my mate had it got a proper map on last week made 215bhp at midland vw with 255lb blew up yesterday pmsl wanted too race him 2wd is defiantly more fun!

What requested boost would vag .com be asking for ie what's 2550 mbar=psi?

2550 is the most the MAP sensor can read, minus ~1000mb for atmospheric pressure it's 1.55 bar which is 22.8 psi :)

Prawn does your car beat s3 s for fun

Yes, all of them :laugh:

To give you an idea, on my conservative 300bhp map, due to the low weight, a road going S3 would need 395bhp to match it's power:weight ratio.

It's nippy enough :)

Yes PT, we all know you've got 413bhp and would muller just about anything short of the Badgerwagon itself! :laugh:

Let me have my moment at least. haha.

Probably nearer 420/430hp now the boost is fixed... although with a flat battery, a borrowed MAF sensor and no MOT you stand a chance currently :D

<tuffty/>

Yes PT, we all know you've got 413bhp and would muller just about anything short of the Badgerwagon itself! :laugh:

Let me have my moment at least. haha.

And a certain yellow and black one that's just moved up north ;)