Mapped car on Standard fuel?

S3Andy

Reaction score
Is it ok to run a mapped car on normal fuel?
Amd/Jabba/Revo....ect

If ther car is only used now and again for a blast do you really need to pay the extra for Shell V or Ultimate?

Do the likes of Amd/Jabba/Revo allow for higher octain rating when mapping?

If the car is hardly used then why not pay for extra few pence to get some decent petrol? Especially on a mapped engine. From my personal experience I notice a small but decent improvement when I whacked Tescos 99 RON petrol in :]

When your mapping a car, in my experience, it always reacts better to higher octane fuel. If you are planning on running the normal run of the mill stuff then just make sure your using that when the car gets mapped. Hope this helps.

does this apply to diesel as well? im using shell extra diesel never tryed bp ultimate diesel as yet just waiting for my local shell garage to start selling v power diesel would this make a difference my car has been mapped by jabba.

I converted to Shell a couple of years ago after reading repeatedly in the press it made a difference. My old 1.9tdi Passat went noticeably better and more economically, about 2mpg, have run the A6 on it since i got it. Put supermarket stuff in once, really slowed the car down, avoid using anything but Shell or BP now.

I tend to find that the Shell V power pays for itself with the slightly better fule economy it gives. Supermarket fuel tends to be rubbish imo