Map Lights/Ambient Lighting Part Number

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My new 2010 S3 Sportback does not come with the ambient light pack, and as such I want to retrofit this. I did the same on my old A3 using the looms from RobinA3 and buying the map light/red LED light unit.

However my old A3 had the black headlining and my new S3 has a light gray headlining (its nice, brightens up the cabin a bit!) You can see the A pillars colour here:

http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/2677/2677098-4.jpg

Now the part number I have (from when I bought it for my old A3 is): 8EO 947 135 D 6PS, this is for no airbag light, no sunroof (like my S3) but for the black (soul) colour.

Can anyone tell me the correct part number for the light grey unit? I done a good search but can only find the soul part number.

Thanks!

Also the part number for rear (sportback) light would be good :)

Thanks

Anyone, I'd like to order it tomorow if poss. Thanks!

I have the light grey looking map lights with ambient lighting, Ill take it off to look in the morning for you....

Ok heres what I have 8E0 947 135 D 9NQ
Heres 2 pics...
f0fe0ca4.jpg

9c004011.jpg

and this one but I think its just the sensor info...
bafaaba2.jpg

Part number for the dark S-Line headlining, is 8E0 947 135 D6 PS £69 +VAT. Simple plug and play, no coding required....

Ok heres what I have 8E0 947 135 D 9NQ
Heres 2 pics...
f0fe0ca4.jpg

9c004011.jpg

and this one but I think its just the sensor info...
bafaaba2.jpg

Thank you so much! Just ordered it from Audi. The pics really helped as well!

Top man, thanks!

Silky-S3, I am also after this unit but I want the 2 red Ambient LED's built-in, does the version you purchased have these? Thanks very much, Mark

Silky-S3, I am also after this unit but I want the 2 red Ambient LED's built-in, does the version you purchased have these? Thanks very much, Mark

Mark, the part Silky ordered has the built in LED's as that's why he upgraded it...

you can fit the ambient module yourself if you fancy drilling the holes - thats what ive done :)

Not taken any mate, bit embarrassed too actually as the drill ran off over the plastic, which is why im sourcing the proper item lol....my 8L one i did was perfect though..... you just need to finish it right with sand paper...... i dont see the point in buying the map lights, sure they fill the roof out but ill never use them, i have sat nav!

the module is only like a tenner iirc, slots in and you connect the two wires to the existing circuit, ten minute job

Yep, thats right they come complete with the red LEDs :)

The lighting units pull apart so you can make the correct version for your car as long as you have the right colour. An example of this is when I bought my one off ebay it didn't have the airbag warning light that mine does. That meant I only needed to pull out the ambient module, and the map reading lights from the ebay part and stick it in my current module. Might be worth pointing out for anyone searching ebay for the exact part number required! :) I also swapped them all for leds at the same time to finish it off.

can anyone help on this please?

anyone got the part number for the led module itself ?

would be a big help

You sure? I've seen retro fits of the module itself people have said they bought it and just wired it in. 1animal1 has said he has done some sort of retro fit also.

You sure? I've seen retro fits of the module itself people have said they bought it and just wired it in. 1animal1 has said he has done some sort of retro fit also.

Yeah but not buying the part from Audi. The LED part comes complete with the interior light and map reading lights...

Yeah but not buying the part from Audi. The LED part comes complete with the interior light and map reading lights...

yeah mate just got off the phone to audi and you can buy the black box module off them.

Part number for the dark S-Line headlining, is 8E0 947 135 D6 PS �69 +VAT. Simple plug and play, no coding required....

Is this the case even if you havnt got the map lights and leds already? so i can go to audi with the part number you have stated and just swap it over and have the map lights and leds without coding etc? sorry if it seems a dumb question lol

Is this the case even if you havnt got the map lights and leds already? so i can go to audi with the part number you have stated and just swap it over and have the map lights and leds without coding etc? sorry if it seems a dumb question lol

Correct - I fitted mine a couple of months ago :)

Nice one, i take it its quite an easy job? just clips in and out?

If I remember correctly you need to remove the lens cover and undo the two screws holding it in, then it just unclips. If you have the factory fitted bluetooth you have to swap the mic over to your new light, which was quite a fiddily job!

There's a how-to kicking around the forum with some photos of the actual removal :)

If I remember correctly you need to remove the lens cover and undo the two screws holding it in, then it just unclips. If you have the factory fitted bluetooth you have to swap the mic over to your new light, which was quite a fiddily job!

There's a how-to kicking around the forum with some photos of the actual removal :)

I havnt got bluetooth so that sounds nice and simple! thanks mate, will have a look for the pics

Has anyone changed the red LEDs to White is it possible?

Silky-S3.... May sound like a dumb question, but I would like to order the ambient LED with the map reading lights... Do I order 8E0947135D or 8P0951177? (as seen in pics above)

- Mark

8EO 947 135 D 6PS

Will get you a soul black roof light with red ambient lighting + the 2 map lights. Assuming no sun roof .

Top man thanks! Any ideas on the rear roof light?

I currently have the standard single button version, after the dual reading light one... also in Dark Grey...

- Mark

Looks to be ( rear interior and reading light) in soul black 8EO 947 111 A 6PS

When you go in to order it would pay to double check this number because Audi constantly update part no's but i am 99% sure this is what you want.

They also list 8EO 947 111 B 6PS..they dont say the diferance between A and B so defo check

Fronts about £85, back price not listed

Last edited:
Thanks Paddy,

Finally... Any idea of the part numbers for the LED Handles for a Sportback, 58 plate?

Note i added to above numbers re A or B

handle lights are 4BO 919 063A....x4
Fibre optic conductor for above 8P3 919 177 ....x4

These will need wiring in to the window switch or somewhere you can pick of a lighting feed. You will also have to DREMEL out the holes for them in the door cards above the handles.
Please double check these numbers because audi will not take back wrongly ordered parts and the parts list is a mine field with dozens of models and colours etc.