1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

manual?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by robbieaudia3, Jan 23, 2004.

1. robbieaudia3

robbieaudia3 New Member

[Jan 23, 2004]
    as haynes do not do a maual for my 1.6 1999 a3 does anyone know where/who does one. a genuine audi one would be nice but as a rough guess you can't buy one anywhere.

would i be right in thinking that the a3 1.6 8v sohc is the same(near enough) as the a4 one? cos haynes do do one for that

help

cheers :confused
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Jan 23, 2004]
    It would be close, but far away...if you know what I mean. The A4's engine and tranny are mounted inline as opposed to transverse as in the A3, also the interior is quite a bit different. So whilst the basics would be the same you could struggle with the rest, but atleast you'd have somewhere to start I suppose.

Next stop is Erwin manual this is the official Audi manual and can be downloaded at a cost.....and not a cheap one!

Another place to go is to Khufu's site and take a look at his downloads section in which he very generously hosts the interior, electrical and maintenance manuals as downloaded from Erwin. Must say a big thanks to Ewan for them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

P.S. Welcome to the boards.