1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manual??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by MatP, Oct 11, 2005.

1. MatP

MatP Member

Hi,

Is there a 'Haynes' type manual for the B6 A4?? Also is the top section of the doorcard removable, or is it one piece??
  2. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The whole door card comes off in one piece. Unclip the plastic trim piece prise it off from the back and work towards the front.
    This reveals a load of screws, remove these and the one at the bottom in the centre and the whole thing lifts up & off (easier with the window down).
    Unclip the wiring looms. Be careful when refitting as the main wiring loom will clip back in & look OK but inless you've pushed it all the way in (it's quite a tight fit) before closing the retaining clip it won't make any of the electrical contacts (this caught me out)
  4. MatP

MatP Member

I ordered an ElsaWin pack off ebay, and i must say i am very impressed!! It is very comprehensive and easy to use. With great diagrams, pictures, etc. Well worth the money IMO.
  5. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

I got one of these a couple of weeks ago but I'm having problems installing the data discs. I need to do a re-install at home I think .......................................

Can't wait to get it going though
  6. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[ QUOTE ]

I got one of these a couple of weeks ago but I'm having problems installing the data discs. I need to do a re-install at home I think .......................................

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem. Ended up copying the data discs onto my laptop hard-drive, then copying the data over the network to my desktop hard-drive and doing an install from hard drive. Worked perfectly. The first data disc would not read properly in my DVD drive on the desktop machine.
  7. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

Thanks for the tip - The seller's been quite helpful but I'll have another go...........

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  8. MatP

MatP Member

I couldn't load data disc at first!! Tried again and it worked ok. Very impressed!!!