Manual control screen?

Hal Adams

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I use the navigation seldom and listen to pretty well just the one radio station. Therefore I do not need the screen popping up every time I drive somewhere, in fact, it would be soothing not to have it!

To anyone in the know of all this stuff, would it be possible to program the 'wildcard' button on the RS3 steering wheel to manually control the raising of the screen - ie when ignition is on, the button (or another button even) would interrupt the raising mechanism, and when pressed would complete the raise circuit and lift the screen...

I bet it is not that simple though..!

Anyone with any knowledge on this, help is appreciated!

There is another button that will do just that ;-)

mmm! I thought I had been through everything - obviously not!
Apologies, red face etc.!!

OK - I checked it out and see what you mean. However, I would still like to be tuned into a radio station with the screen in the park position...but I guess this is not possible?

Use the DIS display screen (screen in between the dials on your dash) and the controls on the steering wheel and then you can change the radio station or source without the MMI screen.

Just tried, but a message seems to be permanently displayed that the MMI is off and no function is available...
I think I will have to bite the bullet and buy an English user manual - mine is in German - I assume all this is in there?

You're pressing the screen up/down button above the AC controls, right?

Not pressing the volume knob in (which is power off)?

Now, this is the point where I should say, I'll grab my coat on the way out!
Thanks so much - pretty well what I was seeking. Now, back to my first question, do you know if the computer can be programmed to default the screen in the park position upon ignition and activated into the up position by using this button?
Not a huge deal if not possible as the button is close enough to the shifter and easily pressed.
Thanks again, much appreciated! I'll order a user manual tomorrow!

Reactions: azibux1
Glad it helped

I'll leave your other question for someone else as I'm not sure on that

Thanks so much - pretty well what I was seeking. Now, back to my first question, do you know if the computer can be programmed to default the screen in the park position upon ignition and activated into the up position by using this button?
Not a huge deal if not possible as the button is close enough to the shifter and easily pressed.
For the moment this cannot be done unfortunately.

Reactions: azibux1
Just tried, but a message seems to be permanently displayed that the MMI is off and no function is available...
I think I will have to bite the bullet and buy an English user manual - mine is in German - I assume all this is in there?

You don't need to buy an English User Manual - I posted them and they are in the Sticky section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are not the first to ask about this - I want it to.

Audi could easily make it an option.

Remember the position of the screen on start.

I've now become accustomed to hitting the screen down button every time I start the car - adds wear and tear to the mechanism that isn't necessary.

Reactions: pburv
I guess the devil is in the detail and in this case Audi decided it wasn't a detail enough. Has anyone actually contacted Audi customer services about this, perhaps if enough petitioned them they might make a case.

And if you can ask them to sort out the incessant screen frame rattle while they're at it too please ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk