Man Utd

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
I bet Fergie wishes he never said Robben wasn't a worry

On radio one he said that robben had never been a threat when he played against them for Chelsea,Not a sore loser ?
When I played I hated losing but accepted when a team were better it's why it's called sporting...seems to have lost it's way.

f**k united, this guy is the one right now....

lionel-messi--1024x768-25.jpg

Yawn Messi looks good because he has a team that can shift a ball to him at speed, put him in a team with slightly less direct passing tactics and see how good he is... Oh hang on wait for the World Cup

Yawn Messi looks good because he has a team that can shift a ball to him at speed, put him in a team with slightly less direct passing tactics and see how good he is... Oh hang on wait for the World Cup

Obviously the team around does make him look good, but you don't score 4 pass Arsenal, with three of them before halftime without being special. Even Arsene Winger had nothing but praise for the lad, and we know Arsene doesn't usually commend the opponents!
Messi is world class, probably the best player in the world at this very moment!

Messi is world class, probably the best player in the world at this very moment!

Wash your mouth out with soapy water!

He DEFINITELY is!!!!!

How someone runs at full steam, changing direction like he's riding one of those bikes from Tron, whilst keeping the ball a nanometer from his toe is UUUNNNBBEEELLLIIIEEEVVAAABLLLEEEE!!!!!

:tocktock: Have you been smoking crack...! lol

That boy is the best player i've ever seen - I'm a Football nut; I watch Spanish, English, Italian Football - Anything that's on.... To say he only looks good as he plays in a side that shift the ball in utter noncence - Are you a Chavski fan...?!

As Aythree said, to move the ball at such pace and to keep it so close and under such control is nothing short of magic... Just look at his equalizer against my beloved Arsenal - No backlift, no room and yet he hit it so hard it made a Jimmy Floyd shot look weak!

Compare him to the flat track bully Ronaldo - Ronaldo could never score such a variety of goals and all with such finesse.

Seriously mate - Watch El Classico on Saturday (Barca v Madrid) and see first-hand.

As for the other guy who hates Barca - How can you hate that club; A club that has for years played beautiful football and gone about their business in the right way - Unlike the credits at Madrid.
I wasn't happy we (Arsenal) lost but still proud that we came back from the dead and never gave up - But if we where to lose that's who i'd want us to lose to - A team that do things the right way - Apart from the filthy play-acting....

Shocking wasn't it, you need an oscar to join these european teams these days.

The worst thing mate is how the refs buy it every time! Take Denilson's challenge on Messi; Wins the ball with a great tackle, clean and fair, Messi gets shot from a sniper... ref isn't interested until Messi takes 4/5 roles on the floor, then the ref decides to blow up for a freekick! Even Andy Gray laughed at the ref - during the game - Saying it's hard enough to play these teams but when they have the ref also its impossible! Not that i'm saying that’s why the beat us - They're a different class.

It shows though how poor these refs in Europe are and our refs aren't that bad after all....

I don't even want to think about the refs at the World Cup this year :faint:

:tocktock: Have you been smoking crack...! lol

That boy is the best player i've ever seen - I'm a Football nut; I watch Spanish, English, Italian Football - Anything that's on.... To say he only looks good as he plays in a side that shift the ball in utter noncence - Are you a Chavski fan...?!

As Aythree said, to move the ball at such pace and to keep it so close and under such control is nothing short of magic... Just look at his equalizer against my beloved Arsenal - No backlift, no room and yet he hit it so hard it made a Jimmy Floyd shot look weak!

Compare him to the flat track bully Ronaldo - Ronaldo could never score such a variety of goals and all with such finesse.

Seriously mate - Watch El Classico on Saturday (Barca v Madrid) and see first-hand.

As for the other guy who hates Barca - How can you hate that club; A club that has for years played beautiful football and gone about their business in the right way - Unlike the credits at Madrid.
I wasn't happy we (Arsenal) lost but still proud that we came back from the dead and never gave up - But if we where to lose that's who i'd want us to lose to - A team that do things the right way - Apart from the filthy play-acting....

Urm nope and i've been watching and attending the english leagues, Primera liga alot this season along with the Bundesliga, Serie A and Eredivisie!

I also attend my fair share of BSP games being a Luton follower, so i think i too watch alot of football..

I think i'm entitled to my opinion, that yes he's a fantastic player but will he be able to shine at the world cup?! Argentina and Barca differ on many levels and if he really is the world class new Maradona then he won't have too many problems adapting to his international team mates.

On another note there was a bit on Sky Sports the other day talking about Messi, Ronaldo and Rooney, they showed the goals scored per game the strike rate assists and other info and whereas i'm United/Luton through and through Rooney wasnt top and neither was Messi! Talking about form and overall contribution to the game Ronaldo was top!

Now from your comments it seems like you dont like him and neither do i but not because he left United more because of his greed on and off the pitch, but what you cant deny is he's scoring ability is so diverse.

I'm looking forward to El Classico too and also many other games this weekend like Munich v Bayer and Fiorentina v Inter so all in all a top weekend of football!

To be fair I think you've backtracked a bit. You started off by saying/implying that Messi looks good because of the team around him.....

Then you go on to say he's a fantastic player......

I think i'm entitled to my opinion, that yes he's a fantastic player but will he be able to shine at the world cup?! Argentina and Barca differ on many levels and if he really is the world class new Maradona then he won't have too many problems adapting to his international team mates.

For me it's simple..... no matter what kind of world cup he has he is still absolutely brilliant!! Having 9 other very very very good outfield players around him at Barca doesn't help him to score brilliant solo goals as frequently as he does, twisting up half the opposing team on the way.

And as for being the new Maradona.... all that talk of people being the new whoever is stupid IMHO. The game has changed. It always will do. It's harder for a player to stand out in football these days because on the whole teams are better, even the "smaller" teams/nations.
You just can't compare a player that plays now to a player that played 20 years ago. The goal posts have moved (excuse the pun).

There'll be no new Zidane, no new Ronaldinho, no new Ronaldo, no new Figo, and no new Titus Bramble (thank good!!)

Messi isn't the new Maradona. He's is THE Lionel Messi. Simple as that really.

Where did i state in my original post about his level of play?? I merely stated that it helps playing in a good team.

I still stick to my opinion that the jury is still out til he produces on the international stage!

Where did i state in my original post about his level of play?? I merely stated that it helps playing in a good team.

I still stick to my opinion that the jury is still out til he produces on the international stage!

You said that Messi looks good because of the team he plays in. If that's not talking about or implying something about his level of play then....... I'm going to bed.