1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Steering Heavier Via Vagcom - HELP

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by Phil_T, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Phil_T

Phil_T Revo Stage 2+ Audi S3

[Mar 5, 2012]
    I have seen loads of info on the golf forums that you can make the assist less which makes the steering heavier which I want as its too light, Got my tuner to go on vag com the way in which ive seen you do it on the net & it appears you need to type a secure code in?

Does anyone know this code or a way to make my steering heaver as I know you can do it.

The car is a 2009 S3 btw if that helps
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Mar 5, 2012]
    AFAIK it was available option on earlier cars, no longer an adaption we can make, atm.
  4. Phil_T

Phil_T Revo Stage 2+ Audi S3

[Mar 5, 2012]
    You sure? because on the golfs anything after 2007 till quite resent you could do this. You must be able to change it if its asking for a secure code? Also my tuner said something in the steering in vagcom on my car was set to A3 sportback instead of the S3 option that was there but it wouldnt let him change that eithier
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Mar 6, 2012]
    Unfortunately not all cars allow the same functions, its been discussed before & it hasnt been possible, but thats not to say it cant be done, but I dont know what secuity code its asking for.

You need to provide actual screen dumps of what & where your tuner is on about.
  6. avvy786

avvy786 Member

[Apr 14, 2012]
    I thought it probably would be possible to adjust the sensitivity of the steering - only reason being is my 2008 S3 felt really firm on the road and now after a remap it dusn't really seem too stable on the ground and feels like it wants to fly - if it is possible to get it back to feeling firm on the road then i want mine doneeee :)