1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

makes me sick (wing mirrors)

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by audiholic ste, Sep 30, 2013.

1. audiholic ste

audiholic ste Member

Just woke up this morning and discovered some the little sod has done this to my car . I must thank them for the expense or replacing them . Thanks a lot IMAG0786.jpg IMAG0785.jpg :scared2:
  2. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I had this mod done to my S3 a few years back and really never got to thanks the person for doing it,I really wanted to shake their neck.
  3. audiholic ste

audiholic ste Member

Does it improve aerodynamics of the car . If so I would like to change the shape of there head with my claw hammer . As a small thank you
    A3-Lee likes this.
  4. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Rrrrrrrr-tech

B4st4rds! It looked so tidy after the polishing job aswell. **** luck fella :(

Threads like this encourage me to take mine off.
  5. audiholic ste

audiholic ste Member

It's a very cheap mod for someone just ripp them off somebody else's car and put them on yours . Then all I have to do is replace the hole unit.
  6. A3-Lee

A3-Lee Active Member

Utter tossers mate hope you get it sorted
  7. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

Cant believe they are still pinching these 10+ years on... keep an eye out on ebay.. the sub human scum...
  8. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

OK, I just caught up with this thread after sending you a PM steve! Unlucky, the chrome mirrors are an ass, which is why I never got round to fitting mine, and they've been in my cupboard for a few years already!
  9. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

What bar stewards :(

Any chance of finding any CCTV footage catching the theft in action to catch them?
  10. TonyH38

TonyH38 Member

Fecking useless, brainless, morons.
  11. audiholic ste

audiholic ste Member

Catching them on cctv means the 5 0 has to do something and actually check the cctv not just watching sky sports news and eating doughnuts . Got clear finger prints on the car has it has just been detailed . But they r not coming out too lift the prints till 3 o'clock . I'm not going to get anywhere waiting fir the 5 0 after all I've not been speeding .
  12. audiholic ste

audiholic ste Member

Well my day couldn't get any better just dropped my tool belt off the cherry picker into a 50foot deep tank of poo . I won't b seeing that again any time soon .
  13. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Active Member Staff Member Regional Rep

I have also felt this pain... ( the mirrors , not the large vat of poh )
    They made a mess of both my doors too.
    Mine came up on ebay ... a local fruit loop that lived less then 10 mins from my house posted them for sale ! i told the police. show'd them the mark on one that i know for sure i did on the drain pipe at my home...
    The police said "thats not proof, sorry "
    I considered smashing the lads head in but after sitting down and thinking... i work for a living so need to go to bed at night, so the car would be sat outside on the drive with him free to do as he wished.
    Ive since moved , game on if i ever see him again.
    I looked at replacing them without telling the insurance... £540 each plus vat and plus mirror glass !
    Way over what i could muster so i had to go via the insurance as the doors needed sorting too
  14. audiholic ste

audiholic ste Member

I have a local smack head near me only 5mins away . I'll drown him in the vat of poo . If he has stole my mirrors . I'm paying him a visit later when the sun has gone down .
  15. Goubo1

Goubo1 Member

I would say you would be wasting your time going to see him if it was your shed that got broke into fair enough but it's more likely someone who is into cars themselves and know how much the mirrors are worth
  16. audiholic ste

audiholic ste Member

Just makes me sick .
  17. Goubo1

Goubo1 Member

me too mate
  18. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Straight away there are a few listings on the bay... Any close to you?

Time to look out a pair of pliers & a blow torch!
  19. Dom Knight

Dom Knight Member

I parked outside my place and some git during the night did'nt break them but managed to get into the car and stole them.
    I went to the local garage and the guy who nicked them had just been in there asking the garage to re-spray my mirrors to the colour of his car.
    So the garage gave me his details and I popped round to his place with a gallon can of Gramos paint stripper.
    I expect that little paint job for the mirrors cost him a shed load more.
  20. Mi11ar

Mi11ar Member

I'd stagg on my Car for a few nights with a Rifle just to see if they came back to check out there handy work :ninja:
  21. audiholic ste

audiholic ste Member

Mirrors sorted many thanks to jojo .
  22. JUS3IN

JUS3IN silver sleeper

thieving morons stole two wheel barrows of our truck three months ago in daylight outside my work mates house in a sign written van, my mate and his dad chased them off, told the police who went to the buissness address where they were told the guy had moved then they phone my mate and say he's moved do you want to file the case!!! so he says no do your job they eventually get hold of the company owner by phone who admitts the number plate we gave was his van but doesnt know who was driving it or the descriptions of the guys case dropped!!!

the tail/light bourd (inc lights number plate the whole lot! cut all the cables) of our transit two month ago then no outcome!

now last night a 300 pound led roadworks light/roof beacon off the roof was pulled/levered through the roof and wires cut!!! finger prints and gypsy shoe of choice reebok classic prints on roof.... they just took the prints csi this time, hopefully he works for the same company and we've got him......

thing is the boss will now want the van back at the yard at night which will cost us not only time for the forseable future but also petrol money and wear on our cars.... thieves want putting down imho!