1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

main points for changing H/U

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by ribena, Dec 3, 2004.

1. ribena

ribena Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    hi

I've currently got a symphony H/U running a 6ch JL amp connected to components front, rear and sub

would like more control and info i.e disc times, frequency controls etc?

am going to install my old kenwood kdc 8080 which still sounds great and don't want to spend extra on a new H/U at the mo

will be running the amp from front preouts and rear non-fade for the sub therefore bypassing all audi wiring bar the power supply?

am I right in thinking the things I need to do are :

1: replace the can-bus live feed so its seperate permanent live and ignition on live
    2: will I need to deal with interference or just install and see what happens (will be running the battery live and phonos on seperate sides of the car
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. richy

richy Member

[Dec 3, 2004]
    with the interference just put it all in and see.. you might find you get none.. or loads..

then its a case of been a mr homles and investigating why it hissing like ya mams cat!
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 3, 2004]
    If you are by passing the terrible Audi wiring then you shouldn't have any interference problems. I would recommend grounding the HU with a separate earth (to chassis behind the glovebox) just as a precaution, as I don't know how good the Audi earth lead is. Having said that I have installed 6 HU's in the A3 and only had problems when using the Audi pre-out loom.