Main beam bulbs

jbcalvin

Reaction score
Any suggestions guys for what main beam bulbs I should fit....

Just got 2 new OEM headlight units and will be fitting 4300K HID's and 15 LED sidelights....

Just wondering what everyone has in the way of main beam bulbs, and what type are they, know the dipped beams are H7 and the fogs H11....

Cheers

Steve

I fitted 100w "xenon style" ebay specials. They've nearly done 3 years and I can't fault them. I'm going to replace them soon when I swap my HID bulbs for either some Nightbreaker Plus, or some Ring Xenonmax perhaps.

if your goin for 4300 hids do the same in the highs

if your goin for 4300 hids do the same in the highs
HIDs are no good in main as they have a warm up (stabilization process) and once on should be left on as long as possible as they dont like frequent turning on and off as it dramatically shortens there life .

Thats always been my understanding too, but there was a chap on here last year (had a green S4 Avant with RS4 wheels from memory...?) who did it and reckoned they worked brilliantly.

Cheers guys,

Don't really want to go down the HID route for the main beams, quattrojames, the 100W ones you fitted, are they H7 bulbs as well?

What has everyone else fitted?

Steve

When I replaced my H7s dipped with Bosch buulds I noticed my main beam bulbs were H9s.........they do work well !

I'm not familiar with the shape of H9 bulbs, maybe Cabs have different shaped bulbs.

100w!! just watch you don't burn out your switch I did on my last car:crying: Fit a relay they are cheap enough:laugh:

They've given 3 years faultless service so I'm not too worried!

Main beams are never on for very long, I wouldn't put them in my dipped beams.