1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maff spade connectors size type?

calico101 Jun 9, 2013

1. calico101

calico101 New Member

I have made a right mess of replacing my maf plug (1J0 973 999 A).

I can not get the wires out going to have to cut them . Does anybody now what type of spade plugs i have to get .

Thanks

2. boost-addict

boost-addict Well-Known Member

I cant remeber his name but i know tufty can get plugs. Give him a pm.

3. boost-addict

boost-addict Well-Known Member

Might be badger5 that gets the plugs.

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Plugs and repair leads can be got through the dealers... the plug I got for mine (AMK engine code) was 1J0 973 775 A... not sure of the connectors but I suspect they can be bought from TPS/dealer in the same way as the plug as I know they do some repair kits for wiring (yellow wire IIRC) as he has bought similar to re-wire lambda probes for wideband conversions

My plug change can be found here
    www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/76389-my-minor-modding-thread-41.html#post1639902

<tuffty/>

5. m19lte

m19lte Member

I've just changed mine bud, there are special tools to do it but I just used a hair clip. There's a c-clip inside the plus which needs to be pulled to one side with a small screw driver, then the hair clip pushes above and below the spade/terminal pushing the tabs down (wait until you hear/feel the 'click'. They just pull out easy then. Its a bit fiddly but just take your time n it'll be fine.

6. calico101

calico101 New Member

Thanks for your replies . my plug looks as bad as yours was tuffty. I will post up the part numbers when i get them come in handy for some else

7. calico101

calico101 New Member

Re placement wire as ordered from dealer Part number 000979026E