MAF unplugged, runs fine. New MAF, worse gain?

kirkmiles

Reaction score
I have been having some issues with my car, i fitted new coils, plugs, full coil loom, injector seats, inlet gaskets. Still no better, i had done some logs with VCDS and MAF readings seemed all good. I then read on a post that the MAF logs dont tell the full story. The MAF that was on the car was a genuine recon approx 2 years ago so sort of dismissed it. One day i just thought id unplug the MAF see what happens, car drove much smoother. Got on the net straight away and got another genuine MAF ordered. Fitted it and staight away i realised my old MAF was probs OK. Ive unplugged the new MAF and its running smoother again??? Could this be because there ia unmetered air getting in? And with it unplugged its going of the base MAF tables?

Maybe a connector issue, more than likely your new maf is also faulty.

I have honestly had more faulty new MAF's than working ones.

Maybe a connector issue, more than likely your new maf is also faulty.

I have honestly had more faulty new MAF's than working ones.

Yes i will try and have a look at the connector/wiring to the MAF, Surely 2 out of 2 genuine MAFs arent faulty? when i had the MAF plugged in i did some logs and the MAF readings looked fine? would this not show up a connector issue? Are there any other sensors that are linked to the MAF? That would also in effect be unplugged when i unplug my MAF?

I had four in a row. All faulty.

Where did you get the MAF? Not Euro or GSF I hope?

I had four in a row. All faulty.

Where did you get the MAF? Not Euro or GSF I hope?

No way! Thats shocking! Got both mine from ECP :-( They are bosch recon. Isnt that what you get from the stealers?

Nope.

Euro are known for selling duff MAF's, ask anyone who knows their stuff on VAG and they will say the same.

Buy a genuine from Audi or a known good used on eBay and take a chance.

Nope.

Euro are known for selling duff MAF's, ask anyone who knows their stuff on VAG and they will say the same.

Buy a genuine from Audi or a known good used on eBay and take a chance.

Will speak to a mate and try his see how she drives. I just thought if it was a genuine bosch refurb it would be as good as a dealer maf. You would think they would get tested before leaving the factory? Poor service from Bosch! I believe the car will be running in open loop with maf disconnected? What other sensors will run open loop with the maf??