1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAF screws

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Mo-S3, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

Can onyone who ha removed their MAF sensor tell me what number the security TORX screw is? It should be written on the Torx screwdriver itself, either a T15,T20, T25, T30 or T45.

Really grateful if someone could check it urgently.

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeeW

LeeW Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Can onyone who ha removed their MAF sensor tell me what number the security TORX screw is? It should be written on the Torx screwdriver itself, either a T15,T20, T25, T30 or T45.

Really grateful if someone could check it urgently.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleaned mine a few days ago and it says TX20 on the screwdriver I used.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

4. LeeW

LeeW Member

Forgot to add the TX20 screwdriver has a hole in the end as the screw has a small pillar in the centre.

5. gilly35

gilly35 New Member

You need a TPX or tamper proof torx screwdriver- you can buy these from any decent motor factor/accessory shop/ engineers merchant. For a reasonably priced product with a life time guarantee i recommend Teng Tools. They have a web site which is- toolstars.co.uk where you can use their postcode search database to find your nearest dealer. Regards. Paul.

6. simonelman

simonelman Member

or use mole grips

SimonS3MTM

7. Drill

Drill Member

Hey Mo, double check your screws though. Older MAF's have the 6 point Secure-Torx but the newer ones have a freaky 5-point one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I bought the Secure-Torx for mine... only to realize that my replacement MAF has the 5-point screws /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

8. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

I have checked the screws and they are the security type ones with the pin in the middle.
    I was going to order the bit that fits into it and i just needed to make sure that i got the correct size.
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

9. benk

benk Member

I cleaned my MAF and it made no difference at all. Got a replacement on exchange from Audi (£75.10+VAT) and it definitely makes a big difference - better pick-up between 2500 and 3500 revs especially. Not HUGE but very noticeable. I had no errors from the ECU.

10. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

MO,

Good to see you are still around. Where are you ordering the bit from? Let me know as I would like to order one too.

Cheers

AL

11. benk

benk Member

I had to hunt for a while to find security torx - ended up buying a small pocket set of bits from my local A.R.E car parts - they had a few sets on offer. Cost about 10 quid for a set of bits. Try car parts suppliers and not Homebase, B&Q, etc, none I checked had them and most people didn't have a clue what I was on about.