MAF problem & Engine stutter when coasting. PLEASE HELP!!!

money-mike

A3 TDi S-Line
Reaction score
Evening all,

I'd really appreciate anyones help on this.

I've owned my A3 2.0 TDi for a few months now. Engine managment light comes on, indicating Mass Air Flow Sensor problem. Took it to the garage, MAF Sensor not reading anything, now replaced. Drive the car for 2 days and kicks out a different error code (P0101 00257) which is still Air Flow related. Take it back to the garage and they say they can't solve the problem and I need to go to Audi which I'd rather not do!!

I've heard of other mechanical faults causing the MAF codes to appear. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Also, while I'm here, I get an engine stutter while coasting in Neutral, but not when the clutch is to the floor? Is this something to do with the clutch?

I'd appreciate any help on this,

Mike

Evening all,

I'd really appreciate anyones help on this.

I've owned my A3 2.0 TDi for a few months now. Engine managment light comes on, indicating Mass Air Flow Sensor problem. Took it to the garage, MAF Sensor not reading anything, now replaced. Drive the car for 2 days and kicks out a different error code (P0101 00257) which is still Air Flow related. Take it back to the garage and they say they can't solve the problem and I need to go to Audi which I'd rather not do!!

I've heard of other mechanical faults causing the MAF codes to appear. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Also, while I'm here, I get an engine stutter while coasting in Neutral, but not when the clutch is to the floor? Is this something to do with the clutch?

I'd appreciate any help on this,

Mike

your car car is fitted with a clutch switch that dips the revs when the clutch is pushed to enable smoother changes I would also check all your earth points under the bonnet especially those behind the passenger headlight.