MAF prices...

Geeman

Low Life
Reaction score
I've just been to Audi and ordered a new thermostat and gasket... and while I was there I asked for a price for an AFM and connector. I ordered the connector (as mine is damaged) but shied away from buying the AFM...

They quoted me £137 for one.

I was thinking more like £50 tops for it.

Any suggestions as to where I could get one from elsewhere?

Last edited:
if its available on exchange and they didnt mention that to you that must be the most unhelpful parts dept going.

Yeah... still what I consider to be on the pricey side though.

Sorry... I meant MAF, not AFM

Unhelpful...? Check.

Slow...? Check.

Expensive...? Check.

Inexperienced in the ways of the B5 A4...? Check.

Inexperienced in the ways of ANY Audi...? Check.

:salute:

Right...

I have an APU engine code, so the part number for the MAF I require is : 06A906461D

Ebay have one listed here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-VOLKSWAGE...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20ae2ef2fa

and it lists my model as being covered but the part number is 06A906461L

Now, if I type this new number (with the 'L' as opposed to the 'D') into the VAGcat system online, it says my APU engine is coved by this part number... so the system kinda contradicts itself.

I can also get one from eBay that covers the AJL engine code with the part number 06A906461C - will that be okay?

If I have the original MAF still fitted (could have been swapped out already... who knows?) I think it has 5 connectors as opposed to 3 or 4.

Any help please...?

Last edited:
I have had many issues with the Ebay clones, and ended up spending more on copies than it actually costed to buy from the stealer.

Yeah... I hear what you're saying. Just with the Festive Season here, I could do without spending the extra bucks.

the local place to me h'actually have a pic of a B5 S4 saloon, an arty oil painting type thing.

the prices are pretty scary in general, sometimes i do wonder why i fancied one of these so much

Yeah... I assume that's the same as the 06A906461D I listed, but the 'exchange' version... you agree?

I've heard that you can get the genuine Bosch items from a local motor factors for <£50. Unfortunately I heard that after i'd already bought mine.

Got mine from Dave at Stoke Audi. Worked out about £20 cheaper than a normal dealers.

So, is the MAF in mine (and '00 1.8T Sport) a Bosch item? If so, then I'll try my local motor factors then...

Will they be able to cross reference from the Audi part number?

Got a Bosch unit ordered from my local Lucas outlet... arrives Wednesday. Excellent.

£40 + VAT. Result.

Crikey!!!

Well done!

Fancy checking the part number on your turbo next time your in the engine bay? I'm sure the APU has a k03-029, ie the "K03S" that was supposedly fitted the the TQS but isnt.

Will check at the weekend when it's 'hopefully' dry and light. :o.k:

Got a Bosch unit ordered from my local Lucas outlet... arrives Wednesday. Excellent.

£40 + VAT. Result.

nice one mate, wonder if they do a bosch unit for the S4.

talking about MAF im ot sure if mine was different to other S4's my car is on the verge of being a 2001 car so not sure if they all the same, heard some have hitachi on them?????? different connector to the bosch