1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAF Gs Question/Boost

MILF Nov 25, 2012

1. MILF

MILF Member

[​IMG]

I've recently felt my car is underpowered and I'm leaning towards the MAF maybe tired or boost leak?

If you look at the graph which I've logged using my laptop, it says that I've made a max of 140.50 gs..Could someone convert that for me into BHP please also what formula do I use to convert (gs-bhp)

Kind regards

2. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

175.6bhp. What car you got?

3. MILF

MILF Member

Sorry forgot to put its a AUDI S3 210 AMK. Only mods are cone air filter and aftermarket recirc valve

Recently had FULL service including coilpack,plugs, oil etc etc

4. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

So the car is down on power by alot mate.

Yu checked for air leaks? Have you unpluged the maf and drove the car to see if it drives better etc.

5. slappy_dunbar

slappy_dunbar Let's Do This

​Clean your sensor. They sell a spray at parts stores.

6. MILF

MILF Member

I've disconnected the MAF currently and I'm going to take the car for a short spin shortly and re-log MAF values. I remember on a previous JAP car being told that if I disconnect the MAF with the engine running, it should cut out and if it doesn't, it means the MAF is not working and the ECU is running on the MAFs default readings.

EDIT:

Took the car for a spin and to be honest it ran kind of rough to me?

I've took it for another spin with the MAF connected and this time achieved 156-gs

7. MILF

MILF Member

I'm just thinking that I'm currently using normal unleaded (95 ron) that is why the ECU self adjusted the boost to a lower amount?

Only thing left on my 'to do list' is fuel filter and MAF

8. Vex182

Vex182 Guess what I drive...

I would run on at least 97 octane and change the fuel filter, but to me it sounds like a tired MAF I would replace for a new genuine one.

9. MILF

MILF Member

Cheers pal yeah I'm probs going to do that on Tuesday as I'm out tomorrow. I was thinking it maybe that but could be other things...

10. slappy_dunbar

slappy_dunbar Let's Do This

~150g/s is fine for a chipped A3. The sensor isn't reading consistently, though. Probably time to replace it.

11. limbo118118

limbo118118 LORD

how do you work this out? gs-bhp?

12. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

G/S divided by 0.8 = BHP Although Not an exact science so it seems..