1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAF causing ABS/ESP warning + hesitation

Adam_S3 Nov 20, 2013

1. Adam_S3

Adam_S3 Member

Hi all,

I've been experiencing some hesitation and bogging down under load from my s3 since i got it 3 weeks ago. In conjuction with this i have had intermittantly the abs and esp lights coming on the dashboard.

Yesterday aswell as the lights i got the warning display and 3 beeps flashing on the dash "ABS fault go to dealer"... then today leaving work the car seemed to go into limp mode and i had no power.

I decided to try unplugging the MAF to see if it would fix the hesitating - and it did! completely different car.

The question is, a bit of research has shown me that the MAF frequently triggers the ABS/ESP due to them reading it for load data... What is the chances of me replacing the MAF and solving all my problems?

and also where to buy a new MAF, as i see a lot of people have had issues with ECP recon units.

Cheers!

2. cammage08

cammage08 Member

Yep, I think you've answered your own question! New maf should do the trick...

3. epox

epox Active Member

you may have read only get a bosch maf from gsf or tps, i got one from ecp and still having issues may not be the maf but.
    mark

4. Adam_S3

Adam_S3 Member

the gsf one is only £45 ... so unsure if that's a bit cheap to be a good 'un?

5. rupe

rupe A3 TQS In Devon

I should think the bosch one will be the premium part, which works out about £80 ish after you get the surcharge back.

6. Adam_S3

Adam_S3 Member

Fitted the nww MAF today... hesitation sorted. ABS Warning and 3 beeps still going... I tried disconnecting the battery but that didn't work..

And still no fault codes (scanning with torque app and obd2 bluetooth)

Any ideas?

7. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

3 beeps low brake fluid?

8. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Torque App is no good, only reads OBDII related codes, not Manufacture specific which is what you need.

Rick

9. Adam_S3

Adam_S3 Member

3 beeps abs fault take car to workshop...