1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madness?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by A3_SSS, Oct 5, 2011.

1. A3_SSS

A3_SSS Member

[Oct 5, 2011]
    As some of you may be aware we are due a new additon to the family shortly and a 3dr will/may be a pain with a baby seat. So yesterday my car went into the stealers for some warranty work and I noticed they had a black edition sportback arriving in stock shortly. I enquired and found the car was a similar age (mine is a couple of weeks younger) has about 5000 more miles than mine, and is way less specced (140bhp, no optional extras). Anyhow I thought I'd ask what sort of deal would be available if I wanted to swap. After a word with the manager the salesman came back with the following ................

Said it would cost around 4K to swap. :wtf:! I asked why and was told this is down to admin, preperation charges etc... Bloody madness. :uhm:. Will never be using that dealer to purchase a car form in the future.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Oct 5, 2011]
    That's totally crazy!!! I'd have expected it to be a straight swap at worst, considering your car is newer with less mileage and a better spec, ..in reality they should be giving you some cash YOUR way for a swap, not you giving THEM £4K!! I'd deffo try elsewhere, Buddy. That's mental, it really is :( x
  4. 1inchpunch

1inchpunch Member

[Oct 5, 2011]
    It's weird the way these things work. Nowhere would ever do you a straight swap or give you cash to change. I bet if you looked at a car that was a year or 2 newer, similar spec with less miles than yours then the price would stay around the same.
  5. bagey

bagey aud you do !

[Oct 5, 2011]
    they are having a giraffe !!!!!!! stuff that mate try elsewhere , i would of laughed in his face and walked away from him telling him to get real .
  6. MattyW19

MattyW19 Member

[Oct 5, 2011]
    Hahaa, was it down to the trade in price, or were they asking over 5 grand price?

Reminds me when I was looking at a scirocco.. and a dealership told me that it's company policy only to offer upto 2% discount.. then they wonder why they have shed loads of them outside pre registered..
  7. plezz

plezz Member

[Oct 5, 2011]
    i'd ask them for directions to the nearest BMW showroom. i found some dealers take offence to that lol.
  8. audigex

audigex Active Member

[Oct 5, 2011]
    What are they pricing the car at? How much could you sell yours for? If the difference is 4k or less, just go in as a buyer and get haggling.
  9. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Oct 5, 2011]
    For the 1st few years, i'd say it wont be a pain. On a 3 door the front seats slide forward and give you far more space to get access. Once they are a bit older this will change.