M4 speed camera protest planned- Sat 30th April

I

imported_Yaseen

A motorists' pressure group, angered by the new M4 speed cameras, is planning a slow-drive protest along the motorway.
M4 Protest hopes the action will "show that safe driving is too complex to be measured in miles per hour".

Spokesman, Robin Summerhill said: "After £700m of fines, road deaths are going up, yet the greedy camera partnerships simply keep expanding."

The protest is due to take place along the Wiltshire stretch of the motorway

Drivers and motorcyclists will be gathering at 10am on Saturday 30th
April 2005 at two motorway service stations - one in the east of
Wiltshire and one in the west.

People wanting to join the protest
should visit www.m4protest.org for news or information about how to
join in.

Robin continues: " We've been running for less than 24 hours and
already the response is amazing. I hope drivers and riders will turn
out in big numbers on the day. Speed cameras are an issue that
affects road users everywhere. Let's hope that the politicians get the
message - we're not going to stand for it any more."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/4468845.stm
http://www.m4protest.org/

What about he price of Fuel as well??? Now ..if they did a combined protest, I'm sure they'd bring the country to its knees......Yeahhhh Baby!!!! a Definitive Thumbs up from me..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
To far for me BUT but it has my support! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep too far for me as well...... however as said above, this has my full support. I really do hope it has the desired effect

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

It has my full support wont be there as hopefully my wife will have given birth at some stage before now and then ....she's already 2 days overdue! Good luck all who are going though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Good luck CJ with the birth of baby post whore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Good luck CJ, this time next week your gonna be a daddy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Aye, good luck CJ.

Back on topic, looks like this is really picking up momentum. Anyone form the forum planning on going?