M1 Speed Cameras

Ste-Martin

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just looking for some one who knows the M1 and the speed cameras on it. I have been down to Derby and back up to Doncaster.

Because they are the new smart mway cameras not sure if they work if going faster than 70 when nothing is displayed. On the way back it dropped to 50 and so did I but when nothing was displayed was doing over 70. Didn't see a flash or anything.

Just worrying my self now as went through a fair few of them. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all,

Just looking for some one who knows the M1 and the speed cameras on it. I have been down to Derby and back up to Doncaster.

Because they are the new smart mway cameras not sure if they work if going faster than 70 when nothing is displayed. On the way back it dropped to 50 and so did I but when nothing was displayed was doing over 70. Didn't see a flash or anything.

Just worrying my self now as went through a fair few of them. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
I believe (was told, not authoritive) they are still active, a definitive answer would be welcome.

Sent using Tapatalk

There are active cameras when doing over 70.
Not the ones hanging above the road, but ones hidden on the left side of it.
Going northbound, just after Markham Vale junction. Couple of places Southbound.

I done Liverpool to Stansted 2 weeks ago and in my view, that is just a moneymaker of the highest order, they are setup to fool the motorist into speeding. I thought one got me as it was 70, then 60 or 50, then down to 40 on the digital overhead boards. There are hidden cameras in the gantrys with the digital boards fitted from what i could see, Also the marker lines on the floor, Its been 2 weeks now and no ticket, probably just my mind going into overdrive, as it does when you think you have been caught speeding but arent sure, lol. As i say, its designed to fool the driver into speeding.

I done Liverpool to Stansted 2 weeks ago and in my view, that is just a moneymaker of the highest order, they are setup to fool the motorist into speeding. I thought one got me as it was 70, then 60 or 50, then down to 40 on the digital overhead boards. There are hidden cameras in the gantrys with the digital boards fitted from what i could see, Also the marker lines on the floor, Its been 2 weeks now and no ticket, probably just my mind going into overdrive, as it does when you think you have been caught speeding but arent sure, lol. As i say, its designed to fool the driver into speeding.
I drive to Hatfield via M1 south. There are some camera behind the speed limits every few gantry's. I have always followed the speed limits, but the previous time my colleague drove us down and she blew through every camera above the designated speed. When I mentioned the speed limits my colleague just looked at me like I was the stupid one. She has never received a ticket. This was 3 weeks+ ago. Also she does this route regularly (few times a month), whereas I have only done it once.

The M25 (J2) Southbound one near Bluewater flashed me at 91 the other day, I did have a motorbike 12 inches from my rear end so fingers crossed...