LV62 UCO i wouldn't recommend buying

aspire2010

Reaction score
Right

i just want to warn anyone who may be looking to view an s3 that i used to own. LV62 UCO IBIS White.

i bought it off some right cowboy dealership (prestige cars kent), because of the condition of the car the finance company agreed to take the car back and give me a refund despite the dealer refusing to accept it back

i was driving up the A12 and out of the corner of my eye i spot my old s3 sitting in clearwater automotive.

god knows how they got hold of it, the car only got taken away around a month ago, i doubt they have made any repairs to the car because it looks acceptable to the untrained eye, this is the second duff s3 I've bought off a dealer and i don't think i trust them anymore tbh, might aswell buy private

if you were wondering about the car, it looks great in pictures but up close you will see the bumper and bonnet have been replaced, the wings don't fit the bonnet or lights correctly, the bumper is showing panel gaps between the wing on one side, the drivers door has dropped about 5mm, as well the paintwork was dull when i bought it on the drivers door so they said they polish it up a bit, it improved it a bit but is still noticeable something has gone on, i also had a panel beater who was standing by the car one time say corr that paint looks a bit 'orange peelly' on the rear quarter so may of had some work done there as well. you will be able to see the paint job on the front bumper and also overspray on the central grey lower lip on the bumper has overspray on it.

inside has a broken glove box a few scratches and dings and the cigarette lighter port is loose and wiggles around because the clips holding it in place are broken on the console.

rear light also has permanent condensation in it causing corrosion to internals.

the dealer who i bought it off lost all paperwork to the car, I'm guessing all the new dealer will have to accompany the car will be some printed off service history and mot. on that note the last service was at audi at 18,000 miles, the car is listed as full audi service history, which is incorrect. when i viewed the car the service light was on at 26,000 miles, the garage said they would service it before i took it away the next day, i think they just switched the service light off in my opinion, (if you want to know more on why i think that i can tell you) but if they did service it then its not full audi service history and if they didn't service it then its missed its service by some time. i took the car up to 29,000 miles and i don't think its been serviced still. the new dealership who i called up insist it needs oil only every 20,000 miles however and also got very rowdy at me when i said i didn't want to buy the car and its been in an accident... they then hung up on me (seems very professional)

my previous s3 that i bought has a huge front end unrecorded hit although was hardly noticeable to the untrained eye and till you start looking under the car , I'm talking whole new chassis rail and vin numbers removed job. that car was mentioned on this forum actually, the guy who owned it had it returned to the garage because of this damage and the garage then sold it onto another garage who sold it to me. my summary is these guys are all pirates looking to make a quick buck on offering us some warranty pretty much

anyway thats all, if anyone needs to know more about this car just ask

I'm only a member on this forum so if anybody wants to share this info amongst other forums then please do.

chow

Sorry to hear the about the hassle you have had, no one wants to be in that situation. This will be useful to someone in the market for an S3. Sometimes I think that the enthusiast-owned, slightly more expensive car is the one to go for, just so that you can avoid all the hassle and know that you got a "good'un"

I was going to get a car from them, however they were idiots on the phone so didn't bother ended up getting a cheap much better spec however has had a scuff on rear bumper and quarter which has been painted ( paid for a full crash inspection and came back clear) but yes agree traders these days are **** holes.

Reactions: aspire2010