1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lube for Claying?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Relaxitscool, May 2, 2008.

1. Relaxitscool

Relaxitscool Member

Whats the best lub to use when claying. The stuff that came with my clay bar has run out, I was planning on going over the car this weekend weather permitting.

Regards

Rob
  2. Carpy25

Carpy25 Member

we had a pro company come in to the place i work to clay about 300 cars due to fall out of shot from the shotblaster and they were using a very very weak solution of fabric conditioner and water ,they had huge house brick size clay bars too cut smaller pieces off , and clayed every thing windscreens ,plastic headlights even tire side walls and alloys out of 300 + car ony one or two people weren't happy with the result

Rob
  3. Relaxitscool

Relaxitscool Member

Thanks for that I'll give it a go. Bloody hell, Lenor on my car, who'd have thought it ;)
  4. Matt

Matt Active Member

Megs Last Touch
  5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I bought some clay lube, from ebay for just over a quid a bottle, either that or any detail spray will be fine
  6. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

The Quik Detailer that comes with the clay is perfectly good if small quantities is all you need, but if you want more to play with then Meguiars Last Touch makes a lot of sense (it dilutes 1:1 with water, meaning you get 2 gallons for the price of the product). :)