LPG

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Has anyone, or know anyone who has converted an RS6 to LPG ?

Any issues, drop in performance, maintenance, servicing etc etc ?

Thanks

I know it's not strictly related, but I had a range rover 4.0 V8 converted to LPG a few years ago, I can say on that there was no power loss, it makes no difference to servicing, and I dont think theres any maintainance as such involved with LPG, according to the firm I used the power loss issues that you hear of is down to the timing becase LPG really needs a slightly different timing setting to petrol and as the system starts on petrol then switches over to LPG they tend to put set the timing somewhere in the middle, mine had a module fitted so it had two timing settings so it was right for both fuels so no power loss that way.

Cheers for that. Can I ask where you had it done, and cost ? I've heard c£1500 is about the norm...?

It was at Rpi engineering, www.v8engines.com
I think £1500 sounds about right for a tank in the boot job, think I paid a bit more because on the range rover I had an eliptical gas tank where the original petrol tank was & a small stainless petrol tank fitted next to it to start up on, then you lose no boot space also the eliptical tank fits in the spare wheel space on a car so no loss of boot space, although you do lose the spare tyre.