1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LPG Conversion

Glenn A4 Sep 13, 2007

1. Glenn A4

Glenn A4 Loving the A4

Has anyone had this done to there audi i have a a4 97 and use it for work and was wondering if any knows what sort of mpg or miles to a tank they get on gas... Found a place that do it for £900 so might be worth thinking about if i can make my money back on it. I get paid 40p per mile and i think the gas at the moment is 47p a liter

2. tw

tw New Member

See this link for a recent thread, to which I contributed:

audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=40216

Update:
    I worked out that on a normal week, a quid's worth of petrol takes me about 8 or 9 miles, and a quid's worth of LPG gets me about 15 or 16. Fuel consumption is about 15% worse but fuel is half price - one place I use is 43.9p. I went to an LPGA approved place to get some more peace of mind, but paid £1550. After about 30k miles I'll recoup the cost.
    Performance is down a bit, but if you want to give it some wellington then you can switch back to petrol whilst driving. I had a minor glitch that meant it had to go back for a tweak but it seems fine now. Make sure you get a warranty - 2 or 3 years is normal.
    BTW mine is a 2000/X 1.8T that had done 89k when converted.