Lowering

Emilya1

Reaction score
Need some advice. I want to lower my a1 but dont know how low to go. Want it to look subtle. Cant help but think my car looks quite high on rear!! Thinking either Eibach or H&R.

Attachments

• DSC_0207.JPG
    DSC_0207.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2,288
Damian at dpm performance is your man to advise.

@DPM

Reactions: DPM and Emilya1
On KW Street Comfort: OE 18" rims and 40 profile tyres - mega difference in ride, and handling just the same...

A1 on KW Street Comfort

Need some advice. I want to lower my a1 but dont know how low to go. Want it to look subtle. Cant help but think my car looks quite high on rear!! Thinking either Eibach or H&R.

That's way oh way too high...

Mine on OEM - before the KW Street Comforts:

P1030554mod

Wow, that looks very high at the rear!

Let me know if we can be any help with info or prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

What would you suggest would be best? ?

So reading through older posts I am now thinking its not fitted with s line suspension

So reading through older posts I am now thinking its not fitted with s line suspension

How old is your car, Emily? I've 2011, 2014, and 2016 Pricing and Specification Guide's; PM me with your email address if you'd like a copy of either. ASN won't allow me to send direct, ask Sandra...

Ok, a 4-door from the 2014 Guide but looks like your wheels (S-line on 17" wheels): see ride height front and rear:

Emily ride height

Reactions: Sandra
How old is your car, Emily? I've 2011, 2014, and 2016 Pricing and Specification Guide's; PM me with your email address if you'd like a copy of either. ASN won't allow me to send direct, ask Sandra...

Ok, a 4-door from the 2014 Guide but looks like your wheels (S-line on 17" wheels): see ride height front and rear:

View attachment 149379

Mine is 2011. Will send my email to you now.

Reactions: Sandra

View attachment 149379
This is True. I can’t and won’t give out anyone’s email address. Hope you and Judith are well. :) x

Reactions: 45bvtc
Not sure if this will be the case but something to be aware of when lowering if you have auto-dipping headlights (No dial for dipped level and they move up and down when you first turn them on)

I've seen cars with these headlights throw a fit when the car lowered as they seem to loose some sort of reference point and spend all day going up and down. If this is the case for you, they'll need to be reset somewhere and that something you may need to take into your budget?

Just a warning in case you run into it further down the line.

Mine is OK, and with auto-lights and everything else. Made sure to 'lower' front and rear the same. Of greater concern was with the Milltek exhaust; fortunately that's supplied with a spacer plate to lower the headlamp-levelling module to accommodate the larger exhaust pipe; phew...

Not sure if this will be the case but something to be aware of when lowering if you have auto-dipping headlights (No dial for dipped level and they move up and down when you first turn them on)

I've seen cars with these headlights throw a fit when the car lowered as they seem to loose some sort of reference point and spend all day going up and down. If this is the case for you, they'll need to be reset somewhere and that something you may need to take into your budget?

Just a warning in case you run into it further down the line.

Thanks for the info . I dont have auto dipping headlights so that's one thing less to worry about . Hopefully going to purchase springs next week. Still a bit undecided which ones to go for.

H&R Give the best drop of 35mm. Eibach never drop the full advertised amount.

Here is mine on H&R springs:

2.jpg

3.jpg

Reactions: Emilya1 and Sandra
I finally decided H&R 35mm. I am so happy with how it looks now. Top pic before bottom pic after.

Attachments

• 2018-04-17_08.25.47.jpg
    2018-04-17_08.25.47.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 3,024
Reactions: ChrisG. and Nick185BE