1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ButcherV6

ButcherV6 Live Fast Die Smiling

Hi all, just a quick question. Got a snapped rear spring on my A4 2.4 V6 se B5 chassis so that's my excuse for buying a full set of lowering springs, so

I have the 18" s line wheels on my car with standard springs and it seems high, now will it be ok on 40mm lowering springs all round? I want it low but I don't want it to catch.

Thanks in advance.
    Simon.

2. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

You should be ok with a 40mm drop but it'll best to get a matched springs and shocks kit and not just the springs if possible.

Damian @ DPM Performance

3. ButcherV6

Yeah i no it would be better but money is a little tight at the moment, the company that make the springs I'm getting also do the shocks to suet so I could get the shocks at a later date if needed. Thanks for your reply.

4. nwmlarge

nwmlarge flat out

to answer the question, it won't catch on a 40mm drop

5. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

Easy drop - you'l have no problems!

I had a B5 a few years a go which I put a set of Coilovers on with upto a 140mm drop! I ran it on the original 15" steels as can be seen below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ButcherV6

Cheers for the reply's guys, and thanks for the pics. One more question,

Are the springs on a b5 1.8t the same as my b5 2.4 v6? I know there listed separately on eBay but I didn't know if that was just for search purposes.

Got a mate selling some 40mm drop springs off a 1.8t so was going to try them.