1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering Springs

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by audia4t99, Apr 2, 2006.

1. audia4t99

audia4t99 New Member

<font color="green"> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifI have a 99 Audi quattro Sport Model.I am running 18's on it right now.I know that the sport model is aldeady lower than the regular.But what I was wondering is what springs to go with and how much to lower it with the 18's on it.I was looking at the tien and newspeed but there are either f-2.4 R-2.2 or the F-1.9 R1.2 . So I do not really now which one to go with.To give me a better stance look and ride.THnaks for any post. </font>

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

As good as the B5 looks low, i would avoid dropping too much as it can affect geometry when lowered too much, I think the Newspeed are the more highly rated in these circles, couple them with Bilstein shovkers and you have a good setup

4. shagga

shagga Member

I have Eibach's which work well and look good. Lowered 30mm with 18's.

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I found that the Eibachs didnt lower my car any more than sport spring would have done, I have compared it dirrectly with a sport, and it was identical