Lowering springs recommendations?

Luan Pham

Reaction score
Hey team, I'm just looking for recommendations on either B&G 30mm or H&R lowering springs for my a3. Gotta admit I'm a bit inexperienced in this subject so hope you guys can help a brother out . The gap is about 2.7 inches and tyre profiles are 225/35ZR19. Any advice would be much appreciated . Thanks team

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171012-194858.png
    Screenshot_20171012-194858.png
    1 MB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_20171012-194902.png
    Screenshot_20171012-194902.png
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 132
The H&R 50mm springs would give you a good stance and reduce the gap right down.

Damian @ DPM Performance
Thanks a lot for that. Would that be too low tho? Cause there's a few of speedbumps where I live and I'd still would like to go over them comfortably without tires scrubbing.

And have you got any pic of the a3 on 50mm h&r? Would be much appreciated if you could help a brother out. Thanks

That looks great! What's the rims size on your Audi? One thing that stopping me from getting the 50mm is that I'm worried it'll scrub and I use the car everyday and there's quite a few speedbumps around where I live. Did you use the stock struts for them?
Cheers
They were 18's. Yeah was on stock dampers and never had a problem with speed bumps.

They were 18's. Yeah was on stock dampers and never had a problem with speed bumps.
Yeah you see, I'm on 19" but tires profiles are pretty low 225/35ZR19. I've measured the gap from the tires to arch and it was 2.7". So anyways the final question is would you recommend the h&r 50mm drop for to fill up that gap? Haha sorry I'm basically a newbie at this so just seeking for help as much as I could.

Cheers

Yeah you see, I'm on 19" but tires profiles are pretty low 225/35ZR19. I've measured the gap from the tires to arch and it was 2.7". So anyways the final question is would you recommend the h&r 50mm drop for to fill up that gap? Haha sorry I'm basically a newbie at this so just seeking for help as much as I could.

Cheers

Yeah they'll fill the gap fine, wasn't low enough for me so changed to coilovers a few months later so could go upto 65mm which was perfect for me

Yeah they'll fill the gap fine, wasn't low enough for me so changed to coilovers a few months later so could go upto 65mm which was perfect for me
Thanks man. Just ordered a set of 50mm today. So pumped to see how it'll turn out. Appreciate the help

Thanks man. Just ordered a set of 50mm today. So pumped to see how it'll turn out. Appreciate the help

No prob. Hope you'll be happy with it. There's a screw in the rear arch that holds the corner of the rear bumper on that needs to be removed as the tyre will rub against it otherwise. It doesn't make any difference to the strength of the bumper when removed so is safe.

Reactions: Luan Pham
No prob. Hope you'll be happy with it. There's a screw in the rear arch that holds the corner of the rear bumper on that needs to be removed as the tyre will rub against it otherwise. It doesn't make any difference to the strength of the bumper when removed so is safe.
Awesome I'll do that. The springs just arrived today can't wait to put them on this weekend! Cheers man

Just installed the rear ones today and taking the front ones to the shop as I wasn't confident with the front ones. The difference is huge compared to the origional springs. So stoked with the result. Cheers for the advices lads
20171021 215929
20171021 215938